Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: .......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 09:56 PM   #41
RCC Addict

First off you do paint some awesome stuff. The main thing that ticks some vendors off is that you are showing your work that you have been doing for other RCC members on here which is actually advertising. We have paid our dues to be able to sell to other members on here without causing any problems on here. You can show off your work, you just can't post up who they are for. Keep up the great work.
jwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2011, 12:07 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

If a person digs the bodies he's painting and they come to him asking him to paint a body, then why shouldnt he be able to? Thats kinda bullshit. The vendor who is crying about is obviously butt hurt and and thinks your stealing away his business. Pretty bitch move for them to go and snitch and cry like a baby about a non vendor getting asked to paint peoples bodies.

I know that if I seen a job that someone did on here for someone, vendor or not I would ask them if they could do one/make one for me. And they should have every right to be able to. A vendors pays their dues for advertising space and promotions on the site. At least thats the way I look at it. Maybe a person doesnt want to paint a ton of bodies but if someone wants one replicated, then why not? I know (as a painter myself) that if I did a body that someone liked and wanted, but had to go ask a vendor to paint a replica, Id be pissed as f**k that they copied my shit.
MnRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #43
RCC Addict

There are rules here set by the moderators that we all follow even if we dont agree sometimes. The biggest deal is that his work was being advertised from others on this site and he even did as well. I bought a vendor star so I won't have any problems like this like I have had in the past and I dont paint a whole lot of bodies but it is worth it buying the vendor star. And on top of that you guys are bitching about all this and you dont have a star to show your support for the site.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:21 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
There are rules here set by the moderators that we all follow even if we dont agree sometimes. The biggest deal is that his work was being advertised from others on this site and he even did as well. I bought a vendor star so I won't have any problems like this like I have had in the past and I dont paint a whole lot of bodies but it is worth it buying the vendor star. And on top of that you guys are bitching about all this and you dont have a star to show your support for the site.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:22 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

I support Jwalker and all painters on this site...this HotrodJosh doesnt even have a green star.....If he's showing off his own build thread with his paint job no prob...
You start showing off what you have done for other RC members than that shows you are open for business..re : free advertising.

We have alot of great painters on this site...and all that I can name off all have blue stars...

My .02c...
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

This is the body shop section for people to share their paint jobs with each other. That is NOT advertising. If this guy was saying he will paint peoples bodies and actually advertising, ok, I agree with ya guys. But a person posting bodies to show, and people like them enough to ask him to paint one up for them, C'mon.. If posting up pics of the bodies you have painting in this sections is considered "Advertising", then you might as well lock this section and only let vendors post in here.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:51 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Why are you even taking up for him, you are making yourself look bad as well. I see you signature below and you are showing advertisement yourself:

www.AndysGraphix.com
www.bloodlinecustoms.com

We can keep going and going and you won't get anywhere except away from this site. Every vendor supports each other and won't back down especially when it comes to the rules on this site.

There is nothing wrong with posting your paint work on here, hell we encourage you guys to show off your work. Just don't advertise your work for others that you did.

This shows right here he is painting for RCC members:

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six
You painted Hotwheels000's bug?

Yep.....and he won "Best Paint" at the 2009 MSD Scale Nationals. But Dev won't be winning 2010...hehe.....

05-08-2011, 06:55 PM #33 biteme
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodJosh
Pearl white with blue true-fire....

thanks Josh awesome job... it will get abused...
Old 05-13-2011, 09:53 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Hey , why did you post a picture of yourself on here. Childish man, like that really hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnRockCrawler View Post
Old 05-14-2011, 01:14 AM   #49
Rock Stacker

Jwalker you do understand that all these guys you are posting up there profile and paint jobs are all in the same club and live within 20 miles of each other. I know every name you are posting about. Cause I comp with then on a regular basis. I understand your point of making people get there stars. But I am pretty sure they did not meet up on this site and do a deal. And is it a bad thing that he does killer work and want to show it off. Does Josh have his shop name in his posts? If not then what are you trippin over. And you cant be pissed cause he painted the truck of the guy that won best in show. That is my .02 Thanks

Smitty

Last edited by 253Smitty; 05-14-2011 at 01:24 AM.
253Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:21 AM   #50
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler Konceptz View Post
I support Jwalker and all painters on this site...this HotrodJosh doesnt even have a green star.....If he's showing off his own build thread with his paint job no prob...
You start showing off what you have done for other RC members than that shows you are open for business..re : free advertising.

We have alot of great painters on this site...and all that I can name off all have blue stars...

My .02c...

So what your saying is that if I deal with a local person and they are also on this site that they can't post what they have done for me. What if they did it for free is that still wrong? Can't people just be proud of what they have done and show it off to others without getting chewed on for not having a star. Did you have a star when you showed off the the first decal or scale product you did?

Smitty

Last edited by 253Smitty; 05-14-2011 at 01:45 AM.
253Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:55 AM   #51
Quarry Creeper

I posted up the pic because your a crybaby Jwalker. BooHoo, this guy is painting bodies for his friends who just happen to be on this site. Go cry in your weinekin a little more. The only thing your posts show is jealousy. Nothing more, nothing less.
As far as my sig, I see PLENTY of other people in here with company names they support in their sig. So why is mine a issue?
Old 05-14-2011, 07:54 AM   #52
RCC Addict

The site has it's rules so follow them, simple as that. I am sure that the warning had to have come from Jason or Badger anyway and the fact is they are the final say around here.

It's also disturbing to see people complaining who don't even support the site. If you paint bodies, then show people on here what you painted for other people and were paid for, that's advertising. Doesn't matter what the demographics are for your sales, it is what it is.

It's just like I can't walk into the mall and start showing people my goods/services without renting space.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:19 AM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 253Smitty View Post
So what your saying is that if I deal with a local person and they are also on this site that they can't post what they have done for me. What if they did it for free is that still wrong? Can't people just be proud of what they have done and show it off to others without getting chewed on for not having a star. Did you have a star when you showed off the the first decal or scale product you did?

Smitty
Yes we had our star as that's what you need to sell on this great site. As for posting pics of the work done paid or not, that's what build threads are for.
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:08 AM   #54
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
The site has it's rules so follow them, simple as that. I am sure that the warning had to have come from Jason or Badger anyway and the fact is they are the final say around here.

It's also disturbing to see people complaining who don't even support the site. If you paint bodies, then show people on here what you painted for other people and were paid for, that's advertising. Doesn't matter what the demographics are for your sales, it is what it is.

It's just like I can't walk into the mall and start showing people my goods/services without renting space.
It actually came from me. I got PM's concerning Josh's work. I'll explain it to everyone else just as I did him. In my position, I have to try and remain neutral, try to look at things from both sides. Looking at it from both sides of the coin, you can see where it could look to some like he is advertising.... or, just a guy that likes to paint bodies for friends.

After a few PM's with Josh and looking into things, it's quite clear that he likes to paint and enjoys helping his friends out locally. There is nothing wrong with that at all.

I can understand why, but he got pretty upset at the fact I was asking about it. I'll apologize again, Sorry. We do have rules here and it's my job to help enforce them. He asked me to delete the thread, but I will not do that, he's done nothing wrong.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:33 AM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler Konceptz View Post
I have no business (I lose $$$ painting these things everytime)....just paint bodies for LOCAL freinds, 'cause I like to see good looking scalers here in the NW....

Now can someone please just delete or lock this thing.....the almighty DOLLAR reigns supreme......

Thank you....
HotRodJosh is offline   Reply With Quote