Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Touching up paint on lexan?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2023, 12:01 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Touching up paint on lexan?

Specifically, I want to add paint to an area on an already painted lexan body. I found the same Tamiya paint in a small bottle but it's a lacquer. Even though it says color hue may vary, has anyone touched up their bodies before with the same paint code but from the bottle? Anyone have any examples?

The area I need to add paint is not in the best position for spraying, but will have to attempt that method if the color matching isn't close enough to my desire. But I'm seeing if anyone has any examples before I can check for myself under a scrap piece of lexan and hit the LHS for the paint also. Thanks y'all.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2023, 04:40 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Touching up paint on lexan?

Depending on the size of the area you're trying to do, you can spray some of the original paint into a small disposable container (or aluminum foil) and paint it with a brush. I'm assuming you're painting the inside of the lexan, so the brush marks won't even show.

Back in the day, way back...I've seen lexan bodies that were painted, entirely with a brush on the inside, and they looked good. I wouldn't recommend this with metallics or pearls though, because they can look blotchy sometimes.

Hope this helps...
58_Willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 04:55 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Touching up paint on lexan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58_Willys View Post
Depending on the size of the area you're trying to do, you can spray some of the original paint into a small disposable container (or aluminum foil) and paint it with a brush. I'm assuming you're painting the inside of the lexan, so the brush marks won't even show.

Back in the day, way back...I've seen lexan bodies that were painted, entirely with a brush on the inside, and they looked good. I wouldn't recommend this with metallics or pearls though, because they can look blotchy sometimes.

Hope this helps...
I appreciate it!

I may try that trick. The area is in the corner taillight area and the taillight line in the mold is further than it should be so I want to add paint there and still utilize the taillight decal but shortened. But also I glued some light buckets in so I may cut the unglued part off so I can access the area.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote

Touching up paint on lexan? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Military paint lexan paint colors? Ovok Paint and Body 2 02-17-2022 04:09 PM
Lexan and paint Louisbaby Paint and Body 2 10-09-2013 11:51 AM
Can you paint lexan on the outside??? Oshkosh-Defence Paint and Body 25 02-17-2013 01:18 PM
Paint for Lexan? CREEPERBOB Paint and Body 11 09-26-2012 07:44 PM
Lexan Shell Paint Disaster, Paint Removal? Big Tex Paint and Body 15 02-08-2012 12:58 AM