Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Pro Line Comanche body fit issue?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Pro Line Comanche body fit issue?

The comanche body that uses the factory honcho cage it does not fit for shit. The bed is very very thin the bed sides do not line up with the cabs body lines.The cab is fine its just the bed. I tried eveything to get it to work to look right. I took it out today and I hit a rock and riped the bed side. Im not sure if i got a bad one or what. I tried to email proline twice and they were no help they just gave me the run around. I might try the full bed one but im not sure i want to spend another $40!!!

Last edited by s102000; 08-31-2010 at 11:06 AM.
s102000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2010, 06:44 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

OMG... Can i see a pic?
NEW YORK BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

ill try to get them on here tomarrow
Old 08-29-2010, 06:59 PM   #4
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s102000 View Post
Do not buy the comanche body that uses the factory honcho cage it does not fit for shit. The bed is very very thin the bed sides do not line up with the cabs body lines.The cab is fine its just the bed. I tried eveything to get it to work to look right. I took it out today and I hit a rock and riped the bed side. Im not sure if i got a bad one or what. I tried to email proline twice and they were no help they just gave me the run around. I might try the full bed one but im not sure i want to spend another $40!!!
Well it is Sunday. I would say give them a call on Monday. They stand by their products and I'm sure it will be solved. Pics will help.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:35 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Old 08-29-2010, 08:38 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Old 08-29-2010, 08:38 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Do not buy the comanche body that uses the factory honcho cage it does not fit for shit. The bed is very very thin the bed sides do not line up with the cabs body lines.The cab is fine its just the bed. I tried eveything to get it to work to look right. I took it out today and I hit a rock and riped the bed side. Im not sure if i got a bad one or what. I tried to email proline twice and they were no help they just gave me the run around. I might try the full bed one but im not sure i want to spend another $40!!!
Dude, don't go bad mouthing a company until you honestly try to give them a chance to fix it. Then if they don't fix it or take care of you. Then by all means. But pull your head out of your ass long enough to email them and give them a chance to make it right. Pro-Line has been a major supporter of Crawling for many years in fact they where probably the first major RC company to support our niche of the hobby. It's upsetting when someone just makes them sound like a shitty company for something like this.

Have you been wheeling your rig? If the rig has taken a few good rolls it could be tweaked.
Is your frame bent? I've worked on quite a few bent SCX chassis
Do you have a clue what your are doing, installing it?

If it's Pro-Line's fault they will take care of it.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:39 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Old 08-29-2010, 08:46 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

I did email them they really were no help we emailed back and forth 3 times. I did give them a chance.Iiv been doing rc's for 15 years and have bought alot of proline product this one is just not working. Also my rig is just fine when i come in i clean them and fully check over them for the next time out. i know what the hell im doing im not some young beginer. The pics i posted is how it looked before i took it out!

Last edited by s102000; 08-29-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:01 PM   #10
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Is this the before?
Quote:

Is this the break after the roll?
Quote:
Did you cut the body with a cutting wheel?
Quote:
Did you send them an email like this?
Quote:
I did email them they really were no help we emailed back and forth 3 times. I did give them a chance.Iiv been doing rc's for 15 years and have bought alot of proline product this one is just not working. Also my rig is just fine when i come in i clean them and fully check over them for the next time out. i know what the hell im doing im not some young beginer. The pics i posted is how it looked before i took it out!
Old 08-29-2010, 09:06 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

What the heck is with the 2 bumper thing?? I keep seeing it done and I just dont get it. Who the heck runs 2 bumpers??? Even red necks dont do that very often..

And thank god you posted this now I wont buy one.

I will buy a couple
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:26 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Interesting how the Driver's side seems to line up all right, minus the cut job along the bottom, but the passenger side is off by a pretty good margin. Sure your chassis isn't tweaked at all?
TEAM DEBEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:38 PM   #13
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Mmmmmmmmmm Hmmmmmmmmmm
Old 08-29-2010, 10:03 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

It took me little time, but with some patience and skill I got it to line up perfect.
Adamsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:51 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I doubt it was before look at the mud on the flares. I used to be a customer service for a different industry and wouldn't help some jerk crying about stupid shit with a piss poor attitude. If you emailed them, no wonder they wouldn't help you. I have had nothing but excellent service from Pro-Line.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:50 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
What the heck is with the 2 bumper thing?? I keep seeing it done and I just dont get it. Who the heck runs 2 bumpers??? Even red necks dont do that very often..
Not sure, I keep seeing that too, I've put a Savage bumper on my XJ bodied WK, but also cut away at least 3/4 of the front bumper
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:27 AM   #17
Rock Stacker

I can lay the body flat on the table and it looks like this. the chassi is fine i can put my other honcho body on it and its fine have 2 honcho bodies. more than anything i think me cage make it not fit real well. i think the full bed comanche would fit better!!
Old 08-30-2010, 05:21 AM   #18

Well if I worked for Proline I would want to tell you to get lost, it looks as if a newbie did the cutout work on that body and Im sure many on here that have viewed the pics have noticed this also. Maybe you have been into rc for a while and the cherokee looks ok but the cut lines on the top of the bed where it is against the roll bar are terrible. Looks to be like you were in a hurry.
On another note, the stock honcho body to bed junction veries from truck to truck. some are bent like this/\ while others are at an angle like this \/ while others the bed is parallel with the cab,--. Im not talking angles as extreme as my typing, just a degree or two and esily adjustable debending on what you use for cusions between the roll bar and cab. I used silicone fuel tubing at every conection and made mine straight. I would have to thiunk the proline body would have the same issue if the cab bolts to the roll bar. From your pics looks as if you need a slightly bigger spacer than one o-ring on your junction.
If the body is a little thin in areas aply some shoe goo or shoe goo with reinforcement on the inside. Also it looks like your wheel may have caught the body and riped it as there isn;t a ton of extra wheel well area on that body.

Last edited by babflyer; 08-30-2010 at 05:25 AM.
babflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:05 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Iiv been doing rc's for 15 years

that means nothing. You can "do" rc's for as long as you live but if your knowledge and skill do not advance then you are a perpetual n00b.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:48 PM   #20
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Then where did all the mud on the body come from?

The thin material on the bed sides does seem concerning but not Proline's style at all. Personally I'd like to hear a few more thoughts from people that have the body before condemning it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
that means nothing. You can "do" rc's for as long as you live but if your knowledge and skill do not advance then you are a perpetual n00b.
Wow, that is profound.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote