RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Paint and Body (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/paint-body/)
-   -   liquid mask (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/paint-body/268318-liquid-mask.html)

foolish 1 09-05-2010 03:02 AM

liquid mask

Is liquid mask any good ?

lifted_xj 09-05-2010 08:24 AM

ive used similar products with good results just becareful when cutting the stuff not to tear up body it will crack i learned the hardway

TANK 09-05-2010 09:01 AM

its the only way to paint a body IMO.

extreme 09-05-2010 04:21 PM

liquid mask is a tool not a crux (is that how you spell crux? i have no idea!)

eventually you'll find you will ned to use tape with the liquid mask but only in instanses were you have extremely complicated graphics that require you to double mask or your film pulls off and you cant put it back on like frisket

but yes it is the greatest thing in the world when it comes to r/c bodies, i couldnt have painted some of the things i did with out it

msd44 09-05-2010 06:26 PM

Ued it for the first time when painting up my stage killah body. Got a paint job that I am way happy with. Just make sure that you use enough. I used it lightly, and has some issues. More is better IMO.

rustykaos 09-05-2010 08:50 PM

I always do 3 liberal coats and allow to dry between each, then leave it alone over night before cutting out. Also when cutting out the shapes you require it is good to have a very sharp and new blade. I also cut around the masking when peeling it off as I have in the past started to peel the masking off but the paint was sticking to the edges and peeling from the lexan.

CrawlerGraphics 09-05-2010 09:13 PM

Absolutely and Bob Dively's Liquid Mask seems to be a little better quality than Parma's FasMask.

TANK 09-05-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrawlerGraphics (Post 2622749)
Absolutely and Bob Dively's Liquid Mask seems to be a little better quality than Parma's FasMask.

x2!

just used the Bob Dively for the first time after only using Parma and I'm very pleased with the ease of release from the body and you can spray it on with a air brush. "thumbsup"

gordieb 09-05-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TANK (Post 2622797)
x2!

just used the Bob Dively for the first time after only using Parma and I'm very pleased with the ease of release from the body and you can spray it on with a air brush. "thumbsup"

I spray parma all the time with my airbrush. I use a .66 with a fan tip on my talon and it goes on fine. You just need to go bout 70/30 mix mask to warm water and it comes out just fine and cleans right up.

But for the original poster liquid mask is great, but don't discount vinyl/frisket each has it's place and one will do one job better than the other sometimes. Trial and error is your friend haha.

team3six 09-05-2010 11:54 PM

Go to my website, I have a tutorial on how to paint and it has information on mask and cutting your design. WWW.team3sixrc.com your looking for airbrushing 101

lunatic_200 09-06-2010 04:36 AM

I don't know how I ever lived without liquid mask. It makes intricate designs sooooo much easier - AWESOME :)