Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Painting Lexan bodies question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Painting Lexan bodies question

Hey guys,

I am not new to painting RC bodies however new to crawlers. Previously it was not issues as it was pretty much a solid color or two and tons of sponsor stickers.. now its a different story.

My goal is to pick a up a hard body in the near future but till then going to use lexan and i don't like the glossy look from the bodies on my crawler.

So the stock body on my honcho i painted silver inside and plan to paint the outside ( Easier to mask up and paint for me and eliminates the glossy finish) figured silver was a nice iniside color so as it get scratched up it shows the metal finish.

So my questions ( Sorry total noob to this )

- what paints hold up to the conditions. I have tons of Faskolor paints which are fuel/water proof but tend to scratch easy are is their anything better?

- Does anyone ever prime a lexan body first? adding strength with out extra coats of paint and causing flaking?

- How many paint jobs do most find you can do on one lexan body before it starts to flake and peel? Or we tend to destroy the bodies before we ever get that far?

Thanks again.
michael_lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

When painting the outside I shoot a base of Fasilver then cover that with whatever color of Krylon fusion paint is desired. I found that a base of Faskolor, silver being my choice, gives the fusion paint something more to adhere to.
1rcmonster is offline   Reply With Quote