Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: kryllon Fusion paint on lexan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2006, 02:33 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default kryllon Fusion paint on lexan

is it flexible enough to use on an R/C body ?? i dont want it to flake off after a month like my last jobs..
Muddinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2006, 10:23 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

I had tried the Krylon Fusion paint on several different types of plastic with great results, so I used it on a Lexan Proline CJ-8 body. Not good. It is definitely flexible, but it didn't bond to the Lexan. With the other plastics I've used it on, it bonded with the surface. On this body, I could probably peel it off in one big piece. Actually, that's probably what I'll do when it warms up enough to respray it with proper polycarb paint.
razer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:41 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by razer
I had tried the Krylon Fusion paint on several different types of plastic with great results, so I used it on a Lexan Proline CJ-8 body. Not good. It is definitely flexible, but it didn't bond to the Lexan. With the other plastics I've used it on, it bonded with the surface. On this body, I could probably peel it off in one big piece. Actually, that's probably what I'll do when it warms up enough to respray it with proper polycarb paint.
I just put the 1st coat on my TLT Rockbuster body and it ain stickin at all !! just rolls down into a puddle in the roof.. oh well Live and learn i guess..
Muddinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:39 PM   #4

Spray paint doesnt have the flexing agent in it that most hobby acyrilic paints have. So when you crash the body, the paint cracks. Get a can of tamiya acrylic at your LHS. It will work much better. Dont forget to wash the body really well on the inside before you paint, it will help the paint stick with a clean surface.
rcfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 01:08 AM   #5

Man, Lexan paint is only like 3 bucks a can at the LHS ;) skip trying snake oil techniques and just run with the good stuff, and remember a backing color!

_bR3T7
clodbrett is offline   Reply With Quote