Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Airbrush?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Exclamation Airbrush?

I got a 80 chevy body for christmas and i was going to get a harbor freight airbrush but they are out of stock.

So whats a good air brush for under $80? Also what do you run for filters since i'll be running it off my dads big air compressor.

I got faskolor paint for it, does it need thinning?
02hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
RCC Addict

You can go to hobby lobby and buy an Iwata NEO abrush for $60, plud if you go to their website you can print off the 40% coupon to save more. I dont run a filter on mine at this time. The fastkolor paint doesnt need thinning.
jwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:27 AM   #3

i would recomend a pasache atleast,double action. but a decent iwata will run you a nice piece of change. you might wanna think of in the long run,will u be painting or be using a airbrush in the future,might wanna get something that will last.
i myself paint on the side,everything from harley tanks,classic cars to r/c bodies to model cars. i have a few spray guns as well as a airbrush gun. when airbrushing depending on the paint you using alot of times you wanna do a test panel before painting,also certain paints do require reducing for airbrush its usually 1:1. sometimes u can find ready to shoot paint. if u need any help feel free to let me know i can help u out. heres a few of my small projects i painted using a airbrush gun.

my r/c body for a r/c i was workin on, this is painted from the inside using r/c paint,except for the roof wich has a metal flake top tha sparkles in the sun.
and a model car,using house of kolor automotive paints and clear.

any questions let me know if u need any help
LIL ANGE. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Thanks guys. I pretty much already did my homework on the actual painting.

As for how much im painting i have a E-Maxx, Revo 3.3, Slash 4x4 SCX-10, my sisters have a stampede and a Circuit. And i have bodies needing to be painted for the SCX-10, slash, 'pede, and circuit. So....
02hawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, body, brush, faskolor, paint