Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: sticker help for a newbie!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Question sticker help for a newbie!!

ok guys,
i think this is in the right place..... i am ready to paint & sticker my blazer body that i have for my scx10. i have no idea how you "apply" the stickers to these bodies? do you cut around them & then just stick them on? would you recommend a "sealer" to apply? any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

thanks!!
rc dreemer
rc dreemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Some sticker sets come precut but most don't. If you don't see a clear outline around the sticker you will need to cut it out.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:47 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

sinister,
thanks i had kinda figured that but i mainly am not sure how to actually "put on" attach to the body??? after painting ofcourse...

thanks!!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:12 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Before you apply the stickers, take the overspray film off, just saying
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc dreemer View Post
sinister,
thanks i had kinda figured that but i mainly am not sure how to actually "put on" attach to the body??? after painting ofcourse...

thanks!!
axlline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:57 PM   #5
RCC Addict

ahh ok sorry. If its a lexan body you would paint it on the inside then apply the stickers to the outside. I'm not sure how a sealer or clear coat would work out on a flexible lexan body.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:53 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

As said above, if it's a Lexan body, you paint on the inside and stickers on the outside(after removing the outer overspray film, of course). But, yeah... you basically cut around each sticker as closely as you can, then peel and stick. I like to use a scrap of the backing paper to hold the decal as I place it, for example I will peel a sticker, then stick the edge of it to the backing I just took off of it, then place the sticker where I want it, press it down and pull out the backing paper to finish pressing it down fully. This way I avoid getting fingerprints on the sticker's glue.
Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:25 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

guys,
that is what i was looking for. i kinda figured that it is the same as doing the "static" models (minus the water ofcourse)..... i just was not sure. i will not apply anything over the stickers then unless directed by people on here. i have a member or two from here that are generously shipping a few stickers my way.... this board is very cool. i wasn't sure if maybe applying something over them would help to keep them from "fraying" off? now i just have to find the courage to paint the body!!!

thans guys!!
Old 04-15-2011, 10:10 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Digger has the right idea using an applicator, and the backing sheet scrap works well.

I personally prefer to use my #11 Xacto to apply each sticker...I feel that I have more control with it.
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote