Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Tamiya Hilux body on SCX 10 Honcho

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 09:31 AM   #1

Default Tamiya Hilux body on SCX 10 Honcho

How will the hilux body fit the scx 10 honcho chassi?
Im thinking of wheel base and how will wheels and stuff look? Do I have to make alot of changes to both body and chassi to make it look good or is it almost "bolt on"?

I was asked if I wanted to swap my honcho ody for a complete hliux body, and yes I do!! But I began thinking of how it will fit without having to change too much.
I would appreciate if anyone had any pics or links that showed me how it will be. Last owner had it on a cc-01 chassi but he hasnt changed anything on the hilux body so its stock.
josruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2011, 09:48 AM   #2
ion
Quarry Creeper

there is a reason you see them on every ones honcho, dude go read before you start a new thread.
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #3

Wow, we are in a really good mood today, arent we?

Offcourse Ive seen that everyone has it, but I havent seen a thread where someone actually show what they have changed and how they did it.

But instead of making comments with no use, why cant you either tell me how to, or give me a link that shows me how to?
Old 04-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #4
RCC Addict

why show you a link? thats what the search button is for, and no I'm not being an ass or anything, its the truth, and the reason why people say rude things because alot of new people like you ask the same question over and over, if you dont want to get flamed, you post this stuff up in the newb section............
use the search button, save you from alot of flaming
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #5

I have used the search button, but I didnt find any results that gave me what Im looking for, thats why I started a new thread. If thats not ok, delete it.
And for the record, Im noob for crawling, not for RC generally.
I assume there wont be any problems to mount the hilux body, put like everyone else, I would like my car to look as nice as possible. So thats why I asked for a link or pics, to see how other people have done it so I can make it look good the first time, and not the 20th time.

And you guys can flame all you want, Im still gonna ask noob questions.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:58 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by josruu View Post
And for the record, Im noob for crawling, not for RC generally. still a noob then.
and to make sure they know you searched, put in your thread that you searched so we know your not just asking a bunch of questions without trying first.
And you guys can flame all you want, Im still gonna ask noob questions.
lol thats sig worthy right there.
well if you search and look, most just use a peice of lexan or metal across the front shock hoops and have velcro on it to attach the body to it, or use their sliders as the holding point for the body
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #7

Yes, still a noob and will be for a while.

Thank you for answering what I was asking about. That actually helped a lot. Now I have several ideas on how to make the mounts.
And Im glad my psot amused you

And sorry for some weird spelling/writing, Im norwegian. Men hvis det gjør det lettere for dere kan jeg godt skrive på norsk
Old 04-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #8
No idea what I'm doing

I have my cab mounted permanently...I used the stock holes on the body and made brackets that attach to my frame. I recently made the hood removable, and that helps a lot with battery changes.

I don't use the rear bed, but have a tube bed built so wheelbase isn't as critical for me. If you are using the bed and cab together, you may have to make links to get the wheels to sit properly in the wheelwells, but this is very simple to do.

Welcome to RCC
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:48 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

OMG, im getting so tired of logging on everyday, and seeing the exact same thread repeated over and over again. I swear guys. One of the agreements when you sign up for this forum is to USE THE SEARCH BUTTON
crawling-wallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:17 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawling-wallz View Post
OMG, im getting so tired of logging on everyday, and seeing the exact same thread repeated over and over again. I swear guys. One of the agreements when you sign up for this forum is to USE THE SEARCH BUTTON
Wow, just wow, get over yourself.

I think he got the point the first time, and who are you that your so tired of it and just a noob to the forums yourself.

He obviously couldn't find what he was looking for and asked, I swear, some of you must get off on whining about the search button.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:56 AM   #11

To those of you that gave me good answers, thank you!Appreciate it!
To the rest off you, whine about something else, I did use the search button as I wrote in a earlier post here, but I didnt find what I was looking for, thats why I started a new thread here.
But if you can manage to find a thread with good pics and a good description on how to mount the body, please give me the link so I can see it.

I like this forum since people here give good answers and answer fast. But in every forum there are people that dont like the noobs who keep asking about similar things. Dont forget youve been a noob youreself.

In a norwegian forum I have over 2000 posts (its a audio forum) and I dont flame the noobs writing "which amplifier should I by?" even theres hundreds of these threads. People have different criterias on how they want things to be, no matter what hobby you have. But thanks to the ones that gives a good answer
Old 04-19-2011, 09:23 AM   #12
Gettin’ back on the horse

Can already tell your going to be one of those guys, but here you go.

When you search next time try "scx10 hilux" I got three pages out of that search.

Here are a few:
SCX10 Hilux Build

updates on my scx10 hilux.. pics...... mad pics

Justin's Street(1.9) Truck: SCX10 Hilux....

simple SCX10 hilux build...

My SCX10 Hilux Upgrades

Yotacross

new scx10 hilux kit build
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #13
No idea what I'm doing

Probably the best place for pictures and info is in the SCX-10 section, but don't let anyone bother you here. You asked a legitimate "Body Mounting" question in the "Paint and Body" section. Seemed to me that you deserved a legitimate answer.

If you can't find anything that works for you, PM me and I'll send pictures of how mine is bolted on.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #14

Turtle: Thank you for those, but I only found good pics of how the body was mounted in 1 of the threads. See my problem?Searching for this subject gives me several pages of threads with several pages to see through.
But thank you for the links
And what did you mean about "one of those guys?" Please tell me.

C*H*U*D: Thank you for the answer and for offering me pics. Ill might send you a PM soon. Have a nice easter guys
Old 04-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
but don't let anyone bother you here. You asked a legitimate "Body Mounting" question in the "Paint and Body" section. Seemed to me that you deserved a legitimate answer.
Seriously...

Seems like there's always lot's of folks who'll take a few minutes to be all negative, but won't take any time at all to be positive. If seeing someone ask a question here bothers you that much, just hit the "back" button and move on It's very simple and only takes a second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josruu View Post
See my problem?Searching for this subject gives me several pages of threads with several pages to see through.
But thank you for the links
Have a nice easter guys
A very general set of terms like "SCX10 HiLux" will give you a vast amount of information on a site that is as in-depth and as long-running as this one. I agree with you personally, searching can be a pain in the butt. It takes time.

I use 4 of the stock mounting holes on the bottom of the HiLux body like C*H*U*D does. This requires creating 4 solid mounting tabs inside the body on the sliders somewhere, for me that meant brazing since my sliders are steel. I'm not sure what your skill level is or what tools you have at your disposal.

Velcro is easier to work with, and it certainly works if you can create the "base" for it to adhere to. Another option is Rare Earth magnets from Radio Shack...
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #16

I have some experience with brazing but I dont have the tools for it right now but I think my dad has somewhere.
I was thinking of velcro and making some brackets from styrene to glue the velcro too.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
Wow, just wow, get over yourself.

I think he got the point the first time, and who are you that your so tired of it and just a noob to the forums yourself.

He obviously couldn't find what he was looking for and asked, I swear, some of you must get off on whining about the search button.
I agree being a Noob myself. Everyone is 1st to think just because we are Noob's we don't even consider the search section.
BrianP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:15 AM   #18
No idea what I'm doing

If you don't have the ability to braze, you can do it this way. I made two sheetmetal brackets and attached them to the frame. They use the stock mounting holes for the skid. My sliders use the stock mounting holes for the lower links. I used PEM's on the inside and brazed them to be safe, you could just use screws and nuts.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:24 PM   #19

Great pics C*H*U*D, thank you. Im thinking of the same rails as you have, they look really nice on a hilux body. And those mounting brackets youve made also look good,maybe Ill copy youre design
Old 04-21-2011, 04:35 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Also alot of the 1.9 rigs use the lux bodies on scx chassis. Most of them have very detailed build pics that show how things mount and are made, not all of course, but most. I hope that helps some.

Also when it comes to searching, I think you can only do booleen searches if you have a star. Otherwise you get pages of stuff that is not always relevent. If you search with "" around your terms it will return exact matches though I think. Like "scx10 hilux mount".
CrawlinClodKiller is offline   Reply With Quote