Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Mounting XR10 'Hardline' body - Which posts to use?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Red face Mounting XR10 'Hardline' body - Which posts to use?

I'm getting ready to paint and mount my Axial "Hardline" body for my XR10 rig. I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on which body posts worked the best for them? I currently have the shortest ones in place and it's hard to tell (since I haven't cut the body out yet, it's still clear) but it seems they may be a little short. Also, locating the front post seems not to big a deal but when located in the center of that area just in front of that molded 'hood scoop', it appears that the rear posts will fall partway in and out of that raised ridge that goes from front to back of the top center of the body shell. Will they stick out far enough to get clips on that way? The posts are pretty close to each other and there doesn't seem to be any way to widen them enough to be on the outside of that 'ridge'. Can anyone give me a hand?
DiggyStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Mounting XR10 'Hardline' body - Which posts to use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggyStyle View Post
I'm getting ready to paint and mount my Axial "Hardline" body for my XR10 rig. I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on which body posts worked the best for them? I currently have the shortest ones in place and it's hard to tell (since I haven't cut the body out yet, it's still clear) but it seems they may be a little short. Also, locating the front post seems not to big a deal but when located in the center of that area just in front of that molded 'hood scoop', it appears that the rear posts will fall partway in and out of that raised ridge that goes from front to back of the top center of the body shell. Will they stick out far enough to get clips on that way? The posts are pretty close to each other and there doesn't seem to be any way to widen them enough to be on the outside of that 'ridge'. Can anyone give me a hand?
Yeah the rear ones go right along that edge. The clips fit just fine.
Stregone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stregone View Post
Yeah the rear ones go right along that edge. The clips fit just fine.
Good to know... Did you use the short, medium or long body posts?
Old 02-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Hey diggy, i put some white out on my body posts then put my body on which left the marks on the body, that way i could see where i wanted to drill so maybe that will help. Anyway i used the longest posts then have those almost all the way up because of the way i cut my body. If i put it lower it will hit the servo, heres a pic...

Krawler23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Krawler23. Yeah I've used the old "white out" trick myself, more than a few times. On at least one occasion, I even snuck my wife's lipstick for the job when I ran out of "Liquid Paper". (hey it worked, true story!) LOL

So you used the longest body posts eh? That's good to know. I can see why you did that from the pics. Nice job btw! I plan to cut my body along the standard lines, as molded by Axial, so I'm not sure if I'll need the longest ones but I'm beginning to think the shortest ones might be a little too short. Not sure.
Anyone else have any thoughts or advice on which length would work best, or what you use?
Old 02-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I don't have mine handy, but I believe I used the shortest ones, mounted at maximum length.
Stregone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I guess the medium would be fine, why not just try a couple?
Krawler23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler23 View Post
I guess the medium would be fine, why not just try a couple?
Yeah, I think that's what I'm gonna do. With the feeback I've gotten, I see that even the shortest ones can be used but I shouldn't have to go any longer than the medium ones. It will be eazy enough to switch them up at any time. Thanks again.