RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Paint and Body (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/paint-body/)
-   -   Action figures? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/paint-body/369043-action-figures.html)

mr lee 02-27-2012 07:23 AM

Action figures?

Which action figures are the correct size to use on a 1/10 rig?

Please don't say 1/10 as most toys don't mention the scale!!!

What about the WWF series of figurines? Any others out there?

wraithchild 02-27-2012 07:41 AM

Re: Action figures?

WWE action figures are usually a good fit,, also consider some of the video game action figures, like the Sam Fisher figure, Duke Nukem , I have even seen some of the marvel figures that look pretty good.

Might want to check out the "who's driving your scale rig" thread in the "scale accessories " page

caymin last 02-27-2012 08:52 AM

Here is a link to some not so muscle bound figures, they are wrestling figure refree's, security guards ect.
wrestling figures
Any figure that's around six inches tall should work, most of these are between 6" and 8".
Boy Wrestling Fan Action Figure
They also have some outfits and stuff,
wrestling figure clothing gear

brianw 02-27-2012 03:37 PM

there's a thread in general scale talk about drivers with pics, etc.

Big Daddy 02-27-2012 05:20 PM

If you think about scale for a minute... a 6" figure would be a 60" person, 5' isn't exactly a "little person" but they're not getting anything off the top shelf either. 7"- near 8" would be a little better fit in most rigs, specially since most run a little large for 1/10.

caymin last 02-27-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Daddy (Post 3595603)
If you think about scale for a minute... a 6" figure would be a 60" person, 5' isn't exactly a "little person" but they're not getting anything off the top shelf either. 7"- near 8" would be a little better fit in most rigs, specially since most run a little large for 1/10.

Yes, depending on the make and model of the vehicle body, a 6" to 8" figure should fit. Or you could get one of the repro Tamiya scale drivers..... Scale Plastic Driver Figure

N' plaas boer kan een vir joe maak, met a stukkie bloudraad en n tang! LUH!

Big Daddy 02-27-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caymin last (Post 3595817)
Yes, depending on the make and model of the vehicle body, a 6" to 8" figure should fit. Or you could get one of the repro Tamiya scale drivers..... Scale Plastic Driver Figure

N' plaas boer kan een vir joe maak, met a stukkie bloudraad en n tang! LUH!

Google translated
A 'farmer joe one can make with a piece of blue wire and pliers! Luh!

The problem with the Tamiya figures, specially if you don't use the helmets, is you have to be able to paint them. Mine would tend to look more like the cartoon action figure then they would a, well, action figure.

mr lee 02-28-2012 12:23 AM

Thanks All "thumbsup"

:lmao: @ caymin last.

thisdougsforu 02-28-2012 11:45 AM

I've found (with my old dingo body) that WWE figures worked out great....although I had to chop them in half to to make them fit!

ezee 03-04-2012 07:49 AM

I ordered 7 inch predator action figure.. had to remove seat and cut panel to make him fit in wraith. So I would say 6 inch would be ideal.