Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Jeep Cherokee grill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 05:17 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Jeep Cherokee grill

The light buckets are from the Tamiya Jeep Wrangler.
58_Willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2013, 02:51 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Do you have a link of the lights? Did those fit front and rear?
DiKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:43 PM   #23

hey sorry for digging up old thread, but your paint job is impecable. i just had a few questions. did you paint the grille on the inside or outsede of the lexan? and did you do the inner black detail first or the chrome grille then spray that black to cover the "radiator" guard portions. the black sections with the thin silver lines. also, what did you use to mask it all with? i would greatly enjoy taking the time to paint my body, as you have yours. im picking up a cherokee and comanchee this week, and am looking forward to starting these two! love the tires, and REALLY like the bumper fogs, and hints on where you got those? im trying to make this jeep look as authentic as 1:1 as possible. ive owned 8 jeeps thus far, and next is a 2 door, unfortunetly they dont make a 2 door xj rc... :( many thanks in advance.

reguards
-chris
rambo ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:23 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo ruckus View Post
hey sorry for digging up old thread, but your paint job is impecable. i just had a few questions. did you paint the grille on the inside or outsede of the lexan? and did you do the inner black detail first or the chrome grille then spray that black to cover the "radiator" guard portions. the black sections with the thin silver lines. also, what did you use to mask it all with? i would greatly enjoy taking the time to paint my body, as you have yours. im picking up a cherokee and comanchee this week, and am looking forward to starting these two! love the tires, and REALLY like the bumper fogs, and hints on where you got those? im trying to make this jeep look as authentic as 1:1 as possible. ive owned 8 jeeps thus far, and next is a 2 door, unfortunetly they dont make a 2 door xj rc... :( many thanks in advance.

reguards
-chris
Sorry for such a late response...been away from the hobby for awhile.

The lights were carefully cutout first. Then the grill and bumpers were masked off using blue painters tape until the blue and black interior were done. Then, all the chrome was painted inside, followed by the black backer. The center inserts are on the decal sheet that comes with the body.

I made the fog lights from styrene and used the Hilux light set to get the square lens I needed for them. The bumper "corner gaurds" are painted on the outside by trimming the overspray mask.

Hope that helps and it's not too late. Love to see pics if you've finished them.
58_Willys is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep Cherokee grill - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep Rubicon vs. Jeep Cherokee DAGUL Scale Videos! 1 03-22-2012 05:26 AM
TSS Jeep Grill SALE! STANG KILLA SS Scale parts 1 08-28-2011 05:05 PM
jeep grill losichris 2.2 Scale Rigs 6 11-17-2010 05:07 AM
Jeep Cherokee? dirtymike Newbie General 4 09-08-2009 03:37 PM