Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Soft Edge Making - not working as planned

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Soft Edge Making - not working as planned

Well I wanted to share with you mu experience with a "Soft Edge" plastic masking...

I wanted to create the looks of clock and clock parts on my daughters car for her birthday and i was a little let down with a plastic masking I purchased from a craft store... i wanted to use a soft edge mask and i had a few problems with it....

It was an open package so I dont know the brand/make but this is what I found. It worked well on flat surfaces and when you could get a straight spray from the paint and in most places the "glue" did siphon in the paint just enough to create the soft edge. However in the wrong places if you hit the masking on an angle it pulled the pain way to far in or all the way through.. Maybe it was supposed to do that but I am not sure since no instructions were included.

as you can see in the images below in some places it worked well and it looks like the orage is filtering through the blue but in other spots the orange is nearly nonexistent...

anyway Im still happy with results its just not exactly what i had in my Head...

Images of truck:

Up close you can see the soft edges and parts the masking did not even help with:

Here are images normal range and it looks good...

Mdlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Soft Edge Making - not working as planned - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTF was this planned? chicostaxxs007 Chit Chat 6 12-10-2011 05:41 PM
My Planned AX-10 Rig dmward1978 Newbie General 8 04-14-2009 06:59 AM
Making one working servo from 2 dead ones AdamF Electronics 0 02-09-2005 09:53 PM
New Rig Planned, Scale does not mean small. SR5Dave General Crawlers 28 11-19-2004 10:29 AM