Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Making bodies, what do you guys use?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Making bodies, what do you guys use?

Im working on a nissan d21 pickup body right now and have come to a halt figuring out what to make the final body out of. I have a mold that has been sealed with plaster to make it hard and paint to keep the plaster from being too messy. Now im trying to figure out where to go from here. Polycarbonate was what i was first thinking but i no longer have access to a thermoform rig till school starts again at the end of september. I was given the idea of fiberglass like car body repairs are often done with, would this hold up to tumbles in crawling/scaling? Lastly, i was pondering using a thinish metal but not sure how it would hold up or look after im done shaping it. Im fine if it takes all summer, at least its progress and something to do now school is out again.

I dont really want to go the styrene way because of how fragile ive been told it is. It would be fine for features but i feel a whole side of the truck made of the stuff would get damaged very quickly.

Any other suggestions?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Making bodies, what do you guys use? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
making your own lexan bodies? theloudone Paint and Body 2 05-18-2012 08:51 PM
Anyone making frames for the NewBright/FastLane JK bodies? goldmember General Scale Talk 12 12-12-2009 10:58 PM
Making bodies? thaclodking Chit Chat 1 08-10-2005 12:22 AM
What are you guys making linksa nd steering links out of? ProfitOfDoom Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 5 10-16-2004 01:51 AM