Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Cinderella's Carriage!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 08:57 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Question Cinderella's Carriage!

LOL, I know eh, what a way to start...

So, I'm trying to suss out from my wife what it would take to get her out driving on the trails, and that was her answer.

BUT, there's a catch. She hates all the current princess , so she wants the shell to be able to take a serious beating as she hopefully drives it like a maniac.

I'm using a wraith, which I'm not sure would be suitable but it gives you an idea of the scale we're working with (doesn't have to be 'to-scale' really, but around the same size would be nice). I was trying to figure a way to do it with lexan and an internal frame or something, mounted to maybe-modified body posts. Has anyone done anything like this before? I figured it'd be easiest to deal with if the top and bottom were 2 separate pieces, and I'd rather it didn't eat into too much clearance underneath either.

The first vehicle that came to mind was an SCX10 or a TF2, but that's probably because of who I drive around with.

Maybe this is my excuse to get a vacuum molding system!
Scurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2012, 05:26 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Cinderella's Carriage!

Have you tried Google, Im not sure exactly what you are looking for but there are a few options out there that would probably work pretty well with a Wraith.

Disney Princess Cinderella's Horse and Carriage - Mattel - Toys "R" Us

Disney Princess Cinderella's Carriage - Shop.Mattel.com

AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:00 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

YES! That would be Awesome!
You could probably find someone here to make the wheels for you.
She'll probably have to trailer the horse.
drywallguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I can already see where the shocks would mount
ScaleReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

She said she wants it to look very obviously like a pumpkin, so I think that barbie one is too carriage-like! I've done similar searching and found the same things, that's what's lead me to my current idea.

Since it's almost pumpkin time, we're going to look for a suitable pumpkin, of both the real and fake variety, to try and find a nicely shaped one of suitable size, then I'm going to either find someone to vacuum form it in lexan, or I'll just use a thinner plastic until I figure the stuff out. I'm always looking for a good 'reason' to add more tools and knowledge to my repertoire! I was actually looking at one of the Phlatboyz Phlatformer's, but the bed's a bit small I think, only 10x10", which isn't quite long enough from my measuring.

For the functional bits I was just thinking about using currently-existing bits and pieces, as many in orange as possible, with some good functional rubber on the wheels. Getting a custom spiral aluminum wheel would be cool but probably outside the initial budget. Besides, I need to leave some room for 'upgrades'!

I'm leaning more and more towards an SCX10. It's a good match for my wraith, using mostly interchangeable bits that I'm starting to understand more. I'm thinking about putting in the 2-speed tranny to give her some fun wheel-speed to make it home b4 midnight. It shouldn't be too hard for me to figure out some way to mount the body to the mounts. Now I just need to find a pumpkin and a local vacuum former!

And I have no idea how to handle the horses. I've tried to kybosh it at least for version 1.0, and my !princess ('not princess' for those who don't read pseudocode, the ! means 'not') will be a modern !princess and have a powered pumpkin carriage. Although I may try and do it for the future, although it would cut down on the 'trailability' I think.

Thanks for the tips, keep them coming! I want to surprise her for her birthday, if the budget will allow it!
Scurvy is offline   Reply With Quote