Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: hard bodies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2006, 07:35 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default hard bodies

alright guys, i'm getting closer to starting my scaler and i want to use a hard bodie. what are some good ones besides clod bodies, and does any one have one they will sell or know were i can get one

thanks
smalltowncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2006, 08:47 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Go to WALMART they sell toys with different hard bodies, another good place would be Radioshack.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:22 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

How scale are you going for? I have a CJ-7 Hardbody with folding windshield, Jerry can, spare tire, steering wheel and more.

It's the one in the middle if you couldn't figure it out. The CJ-5 isn't for sale so don't even think about
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:09 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Nylint and Nikko make quite a few bodies as well. Off the top of my head there are 97-03 F-150 standard cab and extended cab bodies, 94-01 Rams, 80's Yotas, several Escalade EXT/SUT, CXTs, Robbe makes Unimogs, there are Avalanches, Wranglers TJ and YJ, Tacomas, Pajeros, the Blackfoot bodies and the Ranger from Tamiya, Monster Beetles, Blazing Blazers, the lunchbox and midnight punkin', the Juggernaut, Hummer from Tamiya, and there are many others I can't recall at the moment. If you decide what scale you are going for, the list can be narrowed somewhat. Check towerhobbies and ebay for bodies, just remember hard bodies are usually a good bit more expensive and more difficult to paint well.
All Out Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:35 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

If you want a truck based shell, bruder are good. Theres pretty tough, you can pick them up on ebay, or if your having problems getting them on the american/uk on go to ebay.de (have bablefish.com ready to translate if your not too good with reading german) and your sure to see one you'll like!
Curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:19 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn
How scale are you going for? I have a CJ-7 Hardbody with folding windshield, Jerry can, spare tire, steering wheel and more.

It's the one in the middle if you couldn't figure it out. The CJ-5 isn't for sale so don't even think about
what scale compared to tlt axles is that jeep.
octigonwallrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:31 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

sory for the lack of info. as for scale i guess 1/10 or 1/8 since i'm gonna use tlt axles. any body know of a pre 1994 dodge ram hard bodie? i'd really love one of those since thats what kind of car i want. if i cant find one of thoses i'll probly use a clod, jaggernut, or midnightpumpkin bodie unless some one has a Blazing Blazer or Ranger bodie they wont to sell me for cheap:-P
smalltowncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:02 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

The CJ-7 would look great with a little tube work and a set of Moabs on a 12.5in WheelBase. One would have to Comp cut the rear and move the Jerry Can. The body is 11.5in Long. Counting the Bumber it's 12-1/4in Long. It is 5-1/2in Wide. With a little cutting it would make a sweet Scale Weekend warrior.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote