Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Anyone up for a unique scratch build?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Anyone up for a unique scratch build?

I bought my 1st Jeep in 2006. Wanted one all my life but kids and life prevented it from happening. I found a 1yo KJ (Liberty) Limited edition, Patriot blue with 21,XXX miles for a steal of a price. It had some dents in the trans cross-member so dealer assumed it had been off-roaded hard.

The only problems I ever had was a speedo sensor and the weak front differential. I blew that up at the local off-road park. Drove it for over 3 years after that, with only RWD...waiting for the day I paid it off so that I could afford to put a solid axle under the front, the right way.

Sadly, it was rear ended June 17th last year. Hit-n-run while I was in bed. My KJ was bounced off of a concrete retaining wall, twice, wound up 90 degrees, and about 9ft, from where I parked it. Would have been paid off in November!

Anyway... as I wipe the tears from my cheeks.... I had invested almost as much into this Jeep as I paid for it. It was truly "Trail Rated!"

If you've read this far, I was wondering how much you would charge me to build my Jeep Liberty's body around a SCX10 frame (12.5" WB) from SCRATCH? I only know of one Liberty body that comes close and they are near impossible to find (and too small). I've tried for a couple years.

So, here's the thing: I'm getting my son the SCX for his 9th birthday this year (July 5th). I would like to give him the KJ body, next year, after he learns how to drive. So, there would be NO RUSH on this but, there is a deadline, and I'd like it to be as perfect a match as possible. I have a lot of pics but, here's one. Obviously, it would be a bit taller with a straight axle instead of the IFS but, that's kinda the idea. That's a winch mount behind the license plate, also! Just like the 1:1 though, I wouldn't be afraid to cut the bumper to make it fit like that, if I have to. Sorry. Carrying on... Let me know if you need more info.

KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Anyone up for a unique scratch build?

Anyone? I know it won't be easy and I'm willing to pay for quality.
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:07 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

you can find hardbodies on ebay...very rare.

I just sold my xtrm liberty rig...

ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

There's one on the classifieds...jump on it, and have somebody extend It a little...some of these talanted guys could probably add some styrene here and there and make it longer and natural looking..?..
mjc597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

mine was a nikko liberty body..i think
the newbright bodies are smaller in size.

my wheelbase was @11in
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Nikko is the only one that made that size as far as I know. I've wanted to build one to match the crd sas liberty I had. Good luck cause I've been looking for awhile.
chattinfarms is offline   Reply With Quote

Anyone up for a unique scratch build? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JBHardwear's CC-01 4 build (UNIque) JBHardwear Tamiya XC/CC01 0 03-30-2013 04:58 PM
Noobs first from scratch build ceedawwg General Scale Talk 1 10-10-2011 12:17 AM
I want to build a PicoSwitch from scratch the_shadow Electronics 9 05-09-2010 10:08 PM
Scratch build stryene ? mnraaron Paint and Body 4 04-06-2010 02:10 PM
Scratch Build Chassis redlineryno Newbie General 5 08-19-2009 12:12 PM