RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Paint and Body (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/paint-body/)
-   -   camo body idea... opinions (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/paint-body/453826-camo-body-idea-opinions.html)

Catlover3178 07-18-2013 03:33 PM

camo body idea... opinions

Ok guys, sorry about all the posts. But I have another idea for my honcho, and I think it would look really unique. But I don't know what body to use, so I need opinions and helpful ideas. I was thinking of making a body in neon yellow (chartreuse) and neon orange. Maybe black for contrast. What body would look good in these colors, (parma 50s firetruck perhaps?) And how would I go about painting camo

OGXXXOG 07-18-2013 06:29 PM

Re: camo body idea... opinions

its gonna be a shiny camo if you paint the inside of the body, that being said that would be cool, I would get a bottle of liquid mask and coat the whole inside of the body, several times, there's a lot of videos on you tube how to do it but I think this guys are the best, How to use liquid mask - FG Audi A4 DTM Sportsline 4WD - YouTube

follow his technique and drawing your outlines on the outside on the cover, then cutting out the sections one at a time with the paint that you use. ive done this tec several times and it works awesome

Catlover3178 07-18-2013 11:01 PM

That's the point of it. Shiny, and so bright it makes your eyes hurt... Thinking silver instead of black...

OGXXXOG 07-19-2013 12:02 AM

what ever floats your boat, i think loud is awesome, go crazy, I would stay away from the semi transparent paints since they can bleed into each other

Olle P 07-19-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catlover3178 (Post 4403852)
... And how would I go about painting camo

Pick colour(s) that blend in with the surroundings.
A simple matt grey, preferably a bit brownish, should do the trick.

Avoid high visibility colours like yellow and orange...

Catlover3178 07-19-2013 08:38 PM

Lol,olle p, that's the point of this body... High visibility, ridiculous colors!

sumquak 07-19-2013 10:12 PM

here are a few of mine. i put blue painters tape on wax paper and cut out the shapes from it. the hardest thing was figuring out what color goes on first as it tends to be the predominant color when finished. the bottom pic is the last one i did and has 5 colors in it.

as far as what body, i think they all look good with abstract paint.

have fun with this project.

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/a...cture013-2.jpg
http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/a...cture016-1.jpg
http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps60a4ebad.jpg

gannon505 07-21-2013 06:24 PM

when ever I paint anything camo I take different looking and type of leaves and just spray over them on the body to get the outline of the leave and just keep doing it all over the body overlapping some leaves, used that method on my paintball guns and worked great and looks pretty real. Id keep the colors u were talking about, I think it would make the truck pop.

Olle P 07-22-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catlover3178 (Post 4405487)
Lol,olle p, that's the point of this body... High visibility, ridiculous colors!

But "high visibility" is the opposite of "camouflage". ;-)

What it can be is some type of "dazzle" scheme, as tried by for example Royal Navy in WW1. (The intent was not to hide the ships, but make it difficult for the enemies to properly determine range and speed of the target. Read more about and see examples of it here and here.)

fly 07-22-2013 11:22 PM

My personal opinion is that it will look sweet no matter the color choices! I used copper for the "brown" with 2 greens and some black and it turned out awesome. Go crazy and take yur time "thumbsup"

dohc 07-22-2013 11:44 PM

Not bad ! Thought camo paint would look ''ok'' but it came out pretty nice !

DOHC

Crawllife 07-25-2013 06:21 AM

I just finished 2 camo bods for customers. If you'd like to pm me with an email address, ill fire them over to you so you can see how I choose to do it. Camo is all personal preference.

JustALurken 08-01-2013 10:45 PM

I think it would be cool on any body, are you thinking lexan or hardbody?

csb510 08-03-2013 03:32 AM

You want great camouflage paint ideas? Look no further than nature for your answers: the Poison Dart Frog!!! So many variations. Beautiful creatures.

http://save-our-green.com/allpost/wp...01/frog102.jpg

Olle P 08-04-2013 12:06 AM

Those frogs are NOT camouflage, but high visibility to warn would-be enemies that they're hazardous to eat.

TennesseeCrawler 08-04-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olle P (Post 4409470)
But "high visibility" is the opposite of "camouflage". ;-)

What it can be is some type of "dazzle" scheme, as tried by for example Royal Navy in WW1. (The intent was not to hide the ships, but make it difficult for the enemies to properly determine range and speed of the target. Read more about and see examples of it here and here.)

I agree. The entire point of Camo is to blend in. I would use some kind of darkISH brown and a couple shades of green.. Even though that's the opposite point of camo, to POP out ,it would still look cool with Neon Colors and a camo Pattern. Wish ya Luck!

csb510 08-04-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olle P (Post 4425596)
Those frogs are NOT camouflage, but high visibility to warn would-be enemies that they're hazardous to eat.

That's true, I should have just mentioned "cool" paint jobs that pop out like what the OP seemed to be looking for.

Chwhpa 08-08-2013 10:32 PM

I saw a 79 ford lifted with the same pattern and colors as old army pants. It would look great on a scale build as well.

TrailDawg362 08-10-2013 12:03 PM

Not meaning to highjack this thread, but I've been searching for exactly that same thing. Flat military camo paints that stick to lexan. All I can find are enamel-based products or Krylon.

fr8cture 08-10-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 (Post 4434474)
Not meaning to highjack this thread, but I've been searching for exactly that same thing. Flat military camo paints that stick to lexan. All I can find are enamel-based products or Krylon.

Use normal lexan paint and get a tamiya flat clear to spray the outside of the shell.