Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Testors Clear Parts & Window Maker glue for small lexan cracks & tears...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #1

Default Testors Clear Parts & Window Maker glue for small lexan cracks & tears...

Hey guys, I was cutting the excess lexan around the Axial Wraith's hood and got a little excited...i ended up pulling too soon and cracked the side of hood near the front from the bottom to the top of it.
My solution was to use Testors Clear Parts & Window Maker glue. Not so much for the fact it cures clear but because I had a gut feeling it was gonna work and it did!
So far I've glued it and sanded and now I'm waiting for the second layer to dry up. I added this layer to achieve level along the hood side as the tear I put in it caused the lexan to warp enough to not feel straight to the touch.
Anyway, I hope someone finds it helpful.

racer155
racer155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Testors Clear Parts & Window Maker glue for small lexan cracks & tears...

Another way to fix / stop cracks from spreading is to put a coating of Shoe Goo on the inside of the body.
Also with really bad cracks you can reinforce it with mesh drywall joint tape.
This is a neat trick I picked up from racing R/C that I have seen used successfully multiple times.

Attached Images

rangercat23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Testors Clear Parts & Window Maker glue for small lexan cracks & tears... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
flame away.. but where & what glue for cut&shut? badhoopty Tires and Wheels 19 06-10-2005 11:34 PM