Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Tamiya tundra cab question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #1

Default Tamiya tundra cab question

So I recently got a tamiya tundra cab for my truggy frame. I am wondering if someone makes a piece that would close off the cab like on a hilux truggy build and if no one does what thickness of styrene should I order to build my own?
Shanerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Tamiya tundra cab question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanerz View Post
So I recently got a tamiya tundra cab for my truggy frame. I am wondering if someone makes a piece that would close off the cab like on a hilux truggy build and if no one does what thickness of styrene should I order to build my own?
No, unfortunately, no one makes a back cab piece for the tundra. You'll have to make yourself. The best thing to do is if you have a local hobby store, take the body there and match up the thickness of the body with the styrene sheets.

I would use something like Shoe Goo or Goop to attach the two pieces, so that it can have some flex when you roll your Tundra and wont just break off. Make sure to rough up the plastics before you apply the adhesive so it can grab onto something.
Lentsnh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #3

Unfortunately my hobby shop doesn't have styrene but he's improving. I have wanted to order some to play with but would like a idea of what thickness to get.
Shanerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I cannot remember what I used for my bumpers. I THINK it was .060" flat styrene.
Lentsnh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

i would use bondene to adhere the two together reinforced with shoo goo on the back side. i have several pieces of styrene attached with jus bondene on my hilux and have yet to break a piece. if you have to order some i would order a couple different thicknesses i used .060 on my hilux body and is close to thickness but i would order .050 and .060 and see what one is closes. good luck on the build and jus take your time and will turn out good. if you have much questions i would contact hoosierdaddy on here. he has some awesome skills and builds. also has a thread on here on what adhesives to use for styrene
jboehler04 is offline   Reply With Quote