Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Need help finding old Dodge!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 12:19 PM   #1

Default Need help finding old Dodge!!!

I've been looking for hours and not having a whole lot of luck. My brother just got his first ever RC, an SCX10 Honcho, and since he is a huge die-hard Dodge fan, he wants a Dodge truck body for it. Preferably 80's or earlier. I've found that RJ Speed made a '40's Power Wagon body, but I can't find one, let alone wheelbase dimensions.

So, my plea for help is simple. Can someone, anyone, help me find an old Dodge truck body that would match his trucks WB as closely as possible? I'd really like to buy one for him as a gift, to welcome him to the hobby!
AkronAxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2014, 12:46 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Need help finding old Dodge!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkronAxial View Post
I've been looking for hours and not having a whole lot of luck. My brother just got his first ever RC, an SCX10 Honcho, and since he is a huge die-hard Dodge fan, he wants a Dodge truck body for it. Preferably 80's or earlier. I've found that RJ Speed made a '40's Power Wagon body, but I can't find one, let alone wheelbase dimensions.

So, my plea for help is simple. Can someone, anyone, help me find an old Dodge truck body that would match his trucks WB as closely as possible? I'd really like to buy one for him as a gift, to welcome him to the hobby!
Pro-Line made an 83 Ramcharger body. It is discontinued and hard to find.

Pro-Line also made a 1947 style Dodge Power Wagon, hard to find as well.

Not a lot out there for us Dodge guys sadly, I searched high and low and finally found a Ram Megacab body for my build.
alpine4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:11 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4x4 View Post
Not a lot out there for us Dodge guys sadly, I searched high and low and finally found a Ram Megacab body for my build.
Wonders where said build is....
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:47 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
Wonders where said build is....

It will be up soon enough. So far all the build has consisted of is me yardsaling stock components and switching to a full droop suspension. Once I get the body she will be up for all the world to see. Going to be a class 1 comp crawler ready for Nationals 2015 to boot
alpine4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:23 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Really the only Dodge bodies available right now, unless you can find what you're looking for on e-bay, are late model bodies from HPI. Even Traxxas seems to have stopped selling their late model Dodge SCT body.

HPI #7178 Dodge Ram body, #7173, #7050. That's about all there is. Watch what people throw out in the garbage, it may be possible to find an old Dodge body from a New Bright or Nikko. That's how I found the one shown in my avatar
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:05 PM   #6

Thank you much everyone! Sorry I haven't been on to reply, been busting my butt to get the 1:1 going right again now that warm weather is here
AkronAxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:03 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Radio Shack has or had a dodge srt-10 hard body for sale recently. But I haven't been able to find out any information on the actual dimensions. I do know because of the way toy r/c trucks are scaled they tend to be a bit undersized. You might still be able to find one at a local store and get the measurements.

Parma makes a lexan 1/10 '94 dodge ram, but the wheelbase is only 10.5 inches.

kyosho also has a 1/10 prepainted lexan body if you can find one, but I'm not sure about the wheel base.

edit: relised after i wrote this that you said (old) dodge.. meh.

Last edited by rcwolf; 03-31-2014 at 10:51 AM.
rcwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Need help finding old Dodge!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need help finding Ohioskills 2.2 Scale Rigs 2 11-26-2013 01:01 PM
Need help finding something????? ehastings General Crawlers 4 05-22-2006 04:11 PM