Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Need advice painting hard plastic body - Subaru Brat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2014, 07:25 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Need advice painting hard plastic body - Subaru Brat

I am building the re-release of the Subaru Brat. I had this car as a kid, it was my first hobby grade RC anything. The chassis came out great, I was ripping it around outside today, but the body has me stumped for how to paint the details and make them look good. The body is basically 3 pieces. The main body, which I don't see any problem applying freehand details after it's sprayed, and the front and rear, which have many details. Here's the plan...

I have Testors 1 step Lacquer in revving red for the body. When you look at the front and rear, you will see that I have to spray the body parts, but then what about the other parts? I need red (clear red) for the tail lights, clear orange for the front turn signals, a bit of silver free hand trim on grille, emblem and headlight bezels. Oh, and of course silver bumpers and black bumper corners. The front chin spoiler is the only part painted with the red spray on the front. I don't know how the other colors (all oil based) will cover over the red lacquer. I just don't know where to start or what color to paint first. Does anyone have experience with something this complicated?

Wait a sec, where is the attach photos option on this board? How the heck are you guys posting pictures? This is useless if I can't post pictures. I even tried to insert an image another way and that did not work. Oh well, never mind, I'll just paint the whole damn thing with a 4" brush.

Last edited by shahram72; 06-08-2014 at 07:30 PM.
shahram72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2014, 07:38 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Need advice painting hard plastic body - Subaru Brat

Forget my pics I guess. This site is my inspiration. I don't think mine will look quite this good, but I want it to look like it was built like an adult. It's going to be a shelf queen mostly.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=114525
shahram72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Need advice painting hard plastic body - Subaru Brat - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Subaru Brat body... what truck should I put it on? Subarutex Non Crawler RC's 7 09-26-2009 08:35 AM