LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2014, 12:26 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Late Model F350 crewcab

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalecrawler18 View Post
We need more build pics!!
When will these bodies be available to purchase? haha

Are you planning a scaler or another "bigger is better" build?
Either way I'm sure it'll be sweeeeeet!
This build will be a combination of everything. I'm shooting for a highly modified aftermarket look but still trying to get really scale with details and ride height and proportions.

The first priority is to get the molding done and get the build going. Once things settle down and I'm comfortable with the product, they will be available in limited quantities. No pre-orders or anything like that. If anyone has an interest, please subscribe to the thread and you'll get notifications if and when something is available. Price has not been even remotely set yet.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2014, 12:30 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Ok,

Little update. So I flew to Northern California to drop off the prototype for molding. It should be in production by next week and the First copies should be ready in about two weeks. From there I can start my build thread. I'll include a link on this page. Eventually, I may sell a few, but at this point, I just need to concentrate on the build. My time with my family is at a premium and I just found out that I'm leaving beautiful Sunny Southern California to go back to the east coast. So I'm going to be a busy Bulldog for the next 6 months.

Details about how I built the body are kind of tough. I can tell you that it is not clay and it contains not a single piece of an original tamiya body. It was one of the hardest things I've ever taken on and almost gave up about 100 times. Many setbacks and triumphs that seemed to all come together. It's not perfect and has flaws, but they are all relative and for something scratch built, Most people would never pick up on them.

The body is slightly larger than a highlift. I didn't scale it out exactly, but the most important aspect that I concentrated on is the width. It's wider which is great for using the scale axles and keeping the track width more scale.

The chassis will be TF2 based and obviously stretched to accommodate the wheelbase. All top shelf parts and I'll probably be doing a couple different versions of 1.9/1.7/1.55 mockups to cover the range of scale tires out there.

That's it for now. Fourth of July! Pancake breakfast with the kids at the local firehouse. I should have another update with pictures this week as I start the rest of the build. Stay tuned. Greg
Old 07-04-2014, 01:08 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Wait did you say width..... NO it couldn't be have been...... No bodies made are based on width, hell I'll even say I don't think that any manufacturer ever thinks about the width...... Why would a scale rig need to be wide????? Lmao

This is getting better and better every time I check it even without pics.... It will be awesome to see an actual build with tucked wheels that doesn't require fender flares or hacking up an old school TLT axle or dreaming for a wheel that has an offset that doesn't exist......

I'm really looking forward to the updates on this, best of luck wih the move and hope its not to Far East coast for you. Now I'll sit and wait patiently for the next link or pics to appear..

--Dan
sickcivic95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:34 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

I'm east coast. More then willing to help with your testing / building / etc. ;)
tgh117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:26 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Nice work Gregg! Can't wait to see the finished product! I know your in preliminary stages but any other bodys planned for the future?
jcsaxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Totally sweet
racin707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:17 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsaxial View Post
Nice work Gregg! Can't wait to see the finished product! I know your in preliminary stages but any other bodys planned for the future?
This is a one off shot. I'm obviously a big Ford fan and it made sense. I poured my all into this one and that's all that I've got. I still have a few things to do like a rear bumper and a drop bed. Again, the next six months will be ridiculously busy. If I can pull off a build and put a couple up for sale, I'll be lucky.

I got some news from the company making the mold. It's in production. Probably nothing to report until the first bodies roll in in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned! G
Old 07-09-2014, 05:45 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

nice, what are you planning on putting it on?
Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:52 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer! View Post
nice, what are you planning on putting it on?
Post 24.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:02 AM   #30
Rock Stacker

Looks Great, Is it going to be a tow vehicle or a full off road beast or both, also what sort of price are we talking here for one of the bodies
Jez
jezzami101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:06 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Post 24.
thanks i didn't see that, sounds awesome!
Old 07-10-2014, 11:26 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzami101 View Post
Looks Great, Is it going to be a tow vehicle or a full off road beast or both, also what sort of price are we talking here for one of the bodies
Jez
I've had this picture floating around the shop for a while and although it's a Dodge, it's the general idea of what my personal build will look like minus the graphics. I also intend to do some mockups of more reasonable daily drivers. I already have the blue dually set up as a tow rig, so this will just be a stand alone cool truck! As for the price...the simple answer is: NOT CHEAP.

My initial investment in the project so far is quite large. The goal isn't to make money, the goal is to get a cool build and break even on the process. Chances are, they will be very limited in number, especially if I can't produce them due to my relocation. Once I get the build going I'll have more answers. For now, I'm just waiting on the first few bodies to roll in. Greg

Old 07-11-2014, 03:23 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

that dodge is sick!
Old 07-11-2014, 04:34 AM   #34
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I've had this picture floating around the shop for a while and although it's a Dodge, it's the general idea of what my personal build will look like minus the graphics. I also intend to do some mockups of more reasonable daily drivers. I already have the blue dually set up as a tow rig, so this will just be a stand alone cool truck! As for the price...the simple answer is: NOT CHEAP.

My initial investment in the project so far is quite large. The goal isn't to make money, the goal is to get a cool build and break even on the process. Chances are, they will be very limited in number, especially if I can't produce them due to my relocation. Once I get the build going I'll have more answers. For now, I'm just waiting on the first few bodies to roll in. Greg

Looks Sweet!
jezzami101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Any progress pics? I'm excited to see how this turns out so I can give you some $!
jcsaxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:44 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsaxial View Post
Any progress pics? I'm excited to see how this turns out so I can give you some $!
There should be a box here tomorrow. Feel free to send the money in advance. G

EDIT...the tracking says Thursday!

Last edited by Bulldog; 07-22-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:13 AM   #37
Rock Crawler

Quote:

What's up Greg.....you leav'n SD for East Coast weather? Work huh?? Well, money is what makes the world go round and RC cars & parts on our shelves. Good luck!
z71baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:36 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

In for pics.
Should look awesome when it's done. Maybe if I have some extra cash I'll buy one.
KillerBlackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:03 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

More info in the next two days that may shed some light.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:19 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Well,

The good news...

And the bad news...

My wife is the Navigator of the USS Makin Island. Tonight she had to say goodbye to two little boys (and a big little boy) as she sets to deploy in the morning. I've mentioned life comes first and toy trucks come second...ALWAYS. I can't imagine doing what she has done. She is amazingly strong and probably stronger than I'll ever be. I do my part at home...but it's nothing compared to what she has done on a regular basis.
If you want to see more about the deployment...click below

USS Makin Island Amphibious Ready Group and 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit Prepare to Deploy

Maybe more updates this weekend. For right now...Daddy is doing HIS job at home. Stay tuned...and take a minute to thank those who serve our country and sacrifice every day. Greg

Late Model F350 crewcab - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losi mini late model 1/18 es79 Non Crawler RC's 0 09-16-2011 07:35 PM