Old 07-24-2014, 11:46 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Late Model F350 crewcab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Well,

The good news...

And the bad news...

My wife is the Navigator of the USS Makin Island. Tonight she had to say goodbye to two little boys (and a big little boy) as she sets to deploy in the morning. I've mentioned life comes first and toy trucks come second...ALWAYS. I can't imagine doing what she has done. She is amazingly strong and probably stronger than I'll ever be. I do my part at home...but it's nothing compared to what she has done on a regular basis.
If you want to see more about the deployment...click below

USS Makin Island Amphibious Ready Group and 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit Prepare to Deploy

Maybe more updates this weekend. For right now...Daddy is doing HIS job at home. Stay tuned...and take a minute to thank those who serve our country and sacrifice every day. Greg
I was once on an 11th MEU. Rough at times yes, but y'all can do it!

Strong words you speak, thanks for sharing. :o
fatroofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2014, 11:56 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Default Late Model F350 crewcab

My thoughts and prayers are with your family. It's not easy leaving your family behind. I know that from experience. If it ever crosses your mind, tell her, this guy on RCC said thank you for serving our great country! And I thank you as well Greg for being one of the ones left behind so that they may go and serve. I'm honestly not sure which one is harder!

Sent from the great unknown.

Last edited by Hwheeler73; 07-24-2014 at 11:57 PM. Reason: misspelled
Hwheeler73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:54 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

Greg, the truck can wait take care of those boys and wish your wife the best, and as said above please thank her for the services she does on a daily basis!!!!!!!!

I guarantee we will still be here when the time comes for the truck and it only gives us more time to wet our mouths to drool over some heavenly goodness......

--Dan
sickcivic95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:15 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Thanks guys for the words. On top of her leaving and the kids starting school this week, I'm putting the house on the market, I pulled apart a bathroom and started revamping the landscaping outside. Not too much going on at all.

So...little update. I got one of the molded bodies back in the box with the prototypes. It was one of the first ones and is pretty good, but not ready for photos. The nature of the body casting is kind of tricky with a mold this detailed. The first one had some bubbles in the resin and therefore, some fine details were omitted in the cast, and some boogers showed up on the body.

I'm waiting for the actual molds to show up along with some better casts of the body. I should be able to post up a pic by the first of the week with either the prototypes against the tamiya body or maybe a quick shot of the actual molded body. I can probably get some measurements now as well.

All in all, I'm excited, but due to the nature of such a custom build...it's not going to be easy even if the molds turn out close to perfect. There will still be a quite a bit of tinkering and tuning with the body to make it perfect. Stay tuned. Greg
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:33 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Well,

Time for a quick update. I knew this project was coming to fruition at the wrong time in my life, so the viewers are the ones who suffer.

So at this point I can at least post some crappy pictures and some specs to keep things somewhat moving.

Here are the specs. Left is the late model and right is a typical (not my showtruck) crewcab tamiya body.

Wheelbase:
14 3/4-----14 1/2

Fender to fender width
7 1/2------7 and 7 1/2 with flares

Grill to tailgate
21 3/4-----20 3/4

Height
5 1/4-----5

And here are some crappy pics. This is literally straight out of the mold without touching it. And some moron put the bed on backwards! I did start to remove the material from the front fenders, but ran out of time.

The body has a flat look to it because of the resin material. Although it looks rough, it's as smooth as can be and where it looks like it has been sanded...that's just the light.

So, that's all you get for now. Thanks for looking. Greg
Old 08-01-2014, 05:12 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

It looks very cool G! Is it just me or is that body thicker and in turn heavier than the normal hard bodies? A good point if it is, is that it will be much stronger! The details look fantastic!
Old 08-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

I had a quick moment to do some tinkering and mockups.

Here is the inside of the molded body.

This is one of the better molds. Of course, it's got a big zit on its nose though!

Daily driver mockup:

Sensible lift kit

Git R Done!!!

That's all I've got for now. G
Old 08-01-2014, 11:04 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Aaaahhhhhhhh can I get a napkin because I need to cleanup the drool.......... Those look great for being straight out of the molds.

-Dan
sickcivic95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:30 AM   #49
RCC Addict

Wow.....that is pretty damn cool!
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:58 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Sweet! Looks great, can't wait to see what all is in store as time goes on!
jcsaxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

Man I've gotta have one of those. By far probably one of the best detailed bodies I've seen. Superdutys look good in any scale.
fordsuperduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:56 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

Nice would make a sick truggy also
kakachille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:33 AM   #53
Pebble Pounder

my prayersare with you and your family! and thank you r wife for here service...you find out things about people on here, and thats nice... kinda makes us all family......hope you have a safe move.

truck looks OUTSTANDING!!! looking forward to getting a couple to slap some paint on!!!
no hurry brother!
lappdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:38 AM   #54
Pebble Pounder

Yeah, a Truggy! Great work guy!
Airmicro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

Oh damn! Came out great!
KillerBlackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:44 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwheeler73 View Post
My thoughts and prayers are with your family. It's not easy leaving your family behind. I know that from experience. If it ever crosses your mind, tell her, this guy on RCC said thank you for serving our great country! And I thank you as well Greg for being one of the ones left behind so that they may go and serve. I'm honestly not sure which one is harder!

Sent from the great unknown.

x2 ^ Thank her and all you soldiers for your service and our freedom!

And damn.....Insane work man looks great Greg!
marcb527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

to the wife for doing what she does!

It was interesting to me to read the list of ships that were going out on deployment. I was a jar head stationed at Camp Pendleton, I was in the AAV's. When we went on deployment, we would splash from the beach at Del Mar area, go a few miles out into the ocean then drive into the back of a LST ( landing ship tank) I'm guessing that times have changed and that there are newer classes of ships used for the same thing.

Best of luck with handling the move and taking care of the family. The super duty body looks really good from my end!
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:21 PM   #58
Pebble Pounder

this is a bad ass body man sweet work .
juan r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:02 AM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Thanks guys. As mentioned before...this is the wrong time to get a killer project off the ground. Updates will be far off. At least another month or so. Every time I step into the shop, I can just taste how this bad boy is going to look once it's finished. Patience for you and me both.

Here is a killer shot of my wife's ship. I've always said, when Mommy is at home, she's a Mommy. When Mommy is at work, she's a total Badass and is part of the reason we can sleep safe and sound at night. And to see two little boys say "Mommy drives the ship"...well, more priceless than priceless.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:09 AM   #60
Quarry Creeper

"I've always said, when Mommy is at home, she's a Mommy. When Mommy is at work, she's a total Badass and is part of the reason we can sleep safe and sound at night. And to see two little boys say "Mommy drives the ship"...well, more priceless than priceless. "

That's awesome G!

Late Model F350 crewcab - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losi mini late model 1/18 es79 Non Crawler RC's 0 09-16-2011 07:35 PM