Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: jeeo jk 2dr naked?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2014, 08:31 AM   #1

Default jeeo jk 2dr naked?

I am looking for a jeep jk 2-dr kit (with no top or soft top? a soft top would be amazing maybe if I get real ambitious i could make this myself.

I have a 1:1 that is a white jk. I have only seen the proline kits with the hardtop, is there a good option that has no top? I don't have hardtop.

this being said, i have the scx10 Deadbolt and i just got it but i threw some 2.2s under it with weight up front. Not sure they will fit with wrangler jk fenders or not.

thanks!

(noob that is trying to learn the ways of the lil guy- I crawl my jeep and started breaking stuff that was too expensive to justify lol- jeep currently in shop with a 2200$ bent axle ugh)

Thanks in advance !
cormac827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2014, 10:02 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: jeeo jk 2dr naked?

1 10 RC Crawler Truck Body w O Roof Red for Axial SCX10 D90 Land Rover RC4WD | eBay

Highly unlikely that any 2.2s will fit in there without looking 10 flavors of goofy. The one I'm working on has the 1.9 Swamper non-XL and they look just about right. Stock Deadbolt wheels and tires would most likely look good and work fine under there.

Last edited by S1NN3R; 11-09-2014 at 10:06 AM.
S1NN3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 11:07 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormac827 View Post

(noob that is trying to learn the ways of the lil guy- I crawl my jeep and started breaking stuff that was too expensive to justify lol- jeep currently in shop with a 2200$ bent axle ugh)
Rubi or Non-Rubi?

If you plan to pay $2200 for a new axle, you're out of your mind. Go to your local CL page or salvage yard and you'll probably find one for an 1/8th of that cost.

People practically give away D30/D35 axles.
Lentsnh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 11:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1NN3R View Post
1 10 RC Crawler Truck Body w O Roof Red for Axial SCX10 D90 Land Rover RC4WD | eBay

Highly unlikely that any 2.2s will fit in there without looking 10 flavors of goofy. The one I'm working on has the 1.9 Swamper non-XL and they look just about right. Stock Deadbolt wheels and tires would most likely look good and work fine under there.

sweet- yeah i still have the 1.9s so could throw back on there. thanks!

edit:
Rubi axles(dana 44) under non rubi...

I have a stock D44 sitting in my garage right now. The issue is they are 32 spline upgraded shafts, 1k electronic locker, custom gearing, trussed, etc. I also went through insurance so in reality it is costing me 500$. I am having the shop weld on new 1/4" upper control arm mounts, upper control arm, and replacing rotor, caliper, piston, mounts(broke in half), new upper control arm, and labor to put it all in.

i managed to grenade my brakes, bend control arm and mount on axle housing.

I could swap the stock axle under there but would have to source some new gearing, and i don't have the ability to install gears etc- most shops around here won't do it.

also, the parts alone for the brakes are around 700 bucks.

if i were to buy a new axle, i would go prorock 60 or something of the like, but they are around 4-5k setup i believe.

I am still considering picking up a used set of aftermarket axles )i.e. a set for sale for 1800 about 9 hours from me)..but then i would still need all new brake components etc. I could probably handle an axle swap by myself but thats a ton of work with no air tools. if i did that, i would sell the old axles and could get around 2k for them but it is hard with most guys that crawl in california and west coast, up here the demand is a bit lower

Last edited by cormac827; 11-09-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Where in rochester you located ? I'm in Macedon and wanna crawl!
chubscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 04:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubscout View Post
Where in rochester you located ? I'm in Macedon and wanna crawl!

I live right next to genessee valley park which is where I usually walk around with it! Lots of cool hill climbs piles of dirt, ice/snow piles from ice rink, and. If rocks haha
Old 11-15-2014, 07:28 PM   #7

One of my buddies just picked up one of those ebay hard body its very scale inside and out
JOHNSON! is offline   Reply With Quote

jeeo jk 2dr naked? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Naked FXR's ynmech Electronics 21 12-05-2012 03:49 PM
Get naked xr10 longviewskyline Videos! 13 02-08-2011 03:53 PM
Naked PIMP 2.2 RotaryRush Tamiya Clod Buster 9 08-08-2008 06:28 PM