Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: ☆ Paint and custom body work showoff thread! Let's see those one off pieces of art. ☆

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2015, 10:41 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: ☆ Paint and custom body work showoff thread! Let's see those one off pieces of ar

MountainStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2015, 02:34 PM   #22

Default Re: ☆ Paint and custom body work showoff thread! Let's see those one off pieces of ar

Last body i painted.

Proline '66 F-100.

Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:28 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

First body I painted my 79 Ford

robn69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 12:00 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Dextroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 03:23 PM   #25

Just finished this 66 Mustang Drag Car. Turned in to a lot of work, but a lot of fun. Hope you enjoy the pictures. Just click on the image and it will take you to photo bucket to see the rest of the shots. Thanks for looking. [URL=http://s1115.photobucket.com/user/grice9/media/Mustang/P1010252_zpsmj6kaxl7.jpg.html][/URL]

Last edited by THX_138; 04-26-2016 at 07:50 AM.
Greg R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:53 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 10:21 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Not the most custom paint in the world but here is my axial honcho with carbon fiber sticker for hood and a strip for the roof I also cut the winds out and hand made a snorkel. Traxxas slash has a limited edition 2013 ford mustang boss 302 paint with some racing stickers.
Attached Images

humve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:48 PM   #28

I got this wraith back in Jan, 06, 2015, six moths later this is what I came up with. Was not run once, until it was done. First RC, thanks to all the great info in this forum.

Moded Cage

Moded Body 01

Moded Body 02

Finish Body 01

Finish Body 02

Finish Body 03

Finish Body 04

rcgflextilgodper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 10:34 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Using leftover pieces of Proline 2008 Crew Cab F250 monster truck bodies from other builds, I pieced this single cab Mega Mud Truck style body together for my new 5lb 2.2 trail rig.

Before gluing

Used shoe goo, and sections of the rear door cutoffs for reinforcement

Glued together

Painted the inside silver (PS-12) backed with black (PS-5) Pay no attention to the Rustoleum paint, didn't use it...

But I did use these, on the outside

I've found, and have had great success with doing this. I first lay down a coat of Polycab paint, usually Tamiya PS-5 as sort of a "primer"

then spraying multiple colors overtop. I've had good luck with quick drying Krylon and rustoleum paints. Rustoleum limited to this metallic silver, and fine texture black (for my patina'd bodies)

And here is the final product.

I did zero bodywork on this to fill any of the seems, which could have made it look a lot better. I only spent a few days on this, and most of that was painting the outside, or letting the Shoe Goo dry.

-Derek
SuperDrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 10:54 PM   #30
RCC Addict

A couple of mine:
Attached Images

Last edited by Norton; 07-03-2015 at 11:09 PM.
Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 01:33 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Under construction styrene , 1972 Chevy K10 on a Ascender chassis.

joe122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:41 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

big daddy smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:33 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

I just finished the fabrication of my yeti xl body.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Motorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 10:59 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Another Shortened body, this time a Proline 2007 Ext. Cab Silverado to a regular cab. Gonna build another aluminum rail chassis like the F250 in the background, and above in my previous post.

Marked out the section to cut out.

Cut out and taped together.

Used pieces of the trimmed out section to glue the halves of the body together with ShoeGoo

Glued, and propped up with the wheels and tires off Slimer

And painted, with the F250 from above next to it

Again, it was painted silver backed with black on the inside, with polycarb paint. Then on the outside with polaycarb black (I use this as a "primer"), Rustoleum silver metallic, then Krylon Colormaster paints and satin clear.

-Derek
SuperDrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 11:17 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
A couple of mine:
That vw body is THE coolest body I've seen to this day
idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 09:57 AM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDrty View Post
Using leftover pieces of Proline 2008 Crew Cab F250 monster truck bodies from other builds, I pieced this single cab Mega Mud Truck style body together for my new 5lb 2.2 trail rig.

Before gluing

Used shoe goo, and sections of the rear door cutoffs for reinforcement

Glued together

Painted the inside silver (PS-12) backed with black (PS-5) Pay no attention to the Rustoleum paint, didn't use it...

But I did use these, on the outside

I've found, and have had great success with doing this. I first lay down a coat of Polycab paint, usually Tamiya PS-5 as sort of a "primer"

then spraying multiple colors overtop. I've had good luck with quick drying Krylon and rustoleum paints. Rustoleum limited to this metallic silver, and fine texture black (for my patina'd bodies)

And here is the final product.

I did zero bodywork on this to fill any of the seems, which could have made it look a lot better. I only spent a few days on this, and most of that was painting the outside, or letting the Shoe Goo dry.

-Derek
you could of took some thick super glue over the seam on out side real quick semi smoth it out and spray with ca activator and would help hide seam or sand with 320 after it drys and bury it with high build primer spray a fast coat of your tamyia paint firist then primer sand and paint looks tuff this way
rjwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:45 PM   #37
IPT
Quarry Creeper

You guys have some crazy stuff! Great talent. I did a few but am coming to really appreciate the scale stuff now. I have a Wraith I'm working on but no pics yet.

Last edited by IPT; 07-22-2015 at 11:47 PM.
IPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 03:43 PM   #38

not a great photo. the fox logo's are painted on and there's a painted monster energy logo on the hood
rEALTrEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 02:00 AM   #39

Wow there is a lot of great work in this thread.
my63wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 02:43 AM   #40

here is my vw double cab i built.the paint is a little beat after going to axialfest and a gsrcc event a couple weekends ago

[IMG][/IMG]
my63wagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body, chop, custom, paint, show

☆ Paint and custom body work showoff thread! Let's see those one off pieces of art. ☆ - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
☆ The Chop Shop What Glue to Use For Body Work/Repairing Cracks in Plastic and Why ☆ Hoosierdady Paint and Body 112 08-09-2017 04:01 PM
[HOMELESS] HOBBIES HOT[MOG] 1.9 UniMog Build☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆BEEP BEEP MUTHRMOGR ScaleDustin 1.9 Scale Rigs 55 02-22-2013 12:56 PM
HOMELESS HOBBIES Micro Toyota FJ build ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ Losi Micro Trail Trekker ScaleDustin Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 54 01-21-2013 12:45 PM
The HOMELESS hobbies ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ goodbye 2012 GIVEAWAY ScaleDustin Chit Chat 499 01-02-2013 07:29 PM