Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Looking for a truggy example

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2015, 07:06 PM   #1

Question Looking for a truggy example

I'm buying a honcho soon, and the truggy bug bit me so now I have found a tray that I can't find a field test of to make sure I want that exact bed (I have VERY limited funds)

Any chance I can get someone to help me with it? This is the tray:
Tube Back half w/ lexan bed for Axial SCX10

Thanks
SkippyTehRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2015, 01:10 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Looking for a truggy example

doesnt the honcho come with a "tube" back half out of the box?
onebullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 03:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebullet View Post
doesnt the honcho come with a "tube" back half out of the box?
Yes, but I don't quite like the back on the stock honcho I just think it's too long and crowded, I'm looking for an example so I don't buy the new one and decide I don't like it at all
Old 10-01-2015, 04:25 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

cheapest route will be to modify what you have. You could also just make your own, it doesnt have to be metal so that makes things much easier.

The only other thing i could come up with was this
TowerHobbies.com | Integy RCT1.9 Roll Cage 1/10 SCX-10 Rock Crawler

the rc4wd add has a ton of pictures so im not sure you will find anything more of any use. You could buy a star and keep an eye on the classifieds for somebody selling a cage they made.

Sorry im not more help, hopefully others will chime in.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:36 AM   #5

Quote:
cheapest route will be to modify what you have. You could also just make your own, it doesnt have to be metal so that makes things much easier.

the rc4wd add has a ton of pictures so im not sure you will find anything more of any use. You could buy a star and keep an eye on the classifieds for somebody selling a cage they made.

Haha sorry mate I think you misunderstood, I like this style specifically but I can't find many photos apart from those on rc4wd, I was checking if anybody had this style so I could have a look from some other angles too, but thanks for the input anyway, I appreciate somebody trying to help
Old 10-01-2015, 01:04 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

To save your money and Integy's aluminum is the WORST. I've tried their "titanium skid" on an Emaxx brushless edition loaded up with heavy running gear and all the proper reinforcement to survive th least amount of maintenance running 6s all day long. I purposely sent that rig into a curb head on to see if this angled Integy "titanium" skid would at least hold up to pop the truck up the curb into the grass....NOPE!!

All I heard was a loud bang and that skid was a good 1.5-2cm thick went 90* straight vertical! So I got curious took it inside and grabbed two regular pliers and straightened the entire skid back to its former 60-70* angle with just two hand tools! What kind of titanium is that?! Oh right....titanium colored right? Haha.

I highly doubt their aluminum alloy or "steel" or "titanium" would be any better. Thank god I didn't buy that skid. It was already on the truck as I bought it beat up and rebuilt it for durability piecemeal.

Rc4wd I've heard good and bad. Mostly bad unfortunately because their joints aren't always the strongest welds so you'd most likely have breaks and minor bends if you drive aggressive like me.

And for $105 I won't dump that kind of cash on a truggy cage when any local vendor here in RCC will build one exactly how you want it with better materials, skills, and also you have a part nobody else has!

Ask Jerry Justice his username is the DMG. Or Phillip Hepp with username ScaleReady...both have done excellent work for me.

Last edited by alexchen86; 10-01-2015 at 01:07 PM.
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:49 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

i was trying to dig up something from dmg that was already made but couldnt find anything he was making for the honcho. Getting anything from him would be a great solution.

In terms of your integy skid bending due to your test, its a case of the right tool for the right job. The maxx skid you had was pre bent to a 45 and took a blow from the front across its flat plane, doesnt matter what its made of.... it's going to bend or break If you didn't break both the bulkheads i would say it did its job. RC parts are a scary business because you can't please all the people all the time in an already limited market.

In short, dmg is great and no matter what part it is you will get mixed reviews on it unless it is truely terrible.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:34 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Got something for you! They make great products and you know it will fit your body

http://smfrcworks.webs.com/products-page-one
rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 03:42 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Check out member CarterFab, he does great stuff.
struhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 03:59 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Justin's Street(1.9) Truck: SCX10 Hilux....
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Looking for a truggy example - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blackfoot Truggy (Ford F-150 Truggy) saltinemadness Axial SCX-10 11 10-14-2015 09:51 PM
My Little Truggy: Fourwheelin is Magic? F350 truggy for my daughter Joe$ 1.9 Scale Rigs 44 08-27-2013 07:29 AM