Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Ivan Stewart decals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2016, 10:46 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Ivan Stewart decals

I have been a fan of the Ironman Stewart Toyota since my family had a replica when I was a baby. It got totaled when it was only a year old but I still remember how cool it looked in person. I found one of the Tamiya replicas back in '07 and restored it with all new parts and a replica decal sheet from Switzerland. That one sheet (which was only half the decals needed for the truck) set me back $70. For Christmas this year I got a Pro Line Tundra body and painted it with the correct stripes but now I need the sponsor logos. I have looked online but only found a kit by AMR which didn't have the correct logos in it. What other options do I have? I could buy a new printer and print my own but I'd rather not put that much into just a few decals.
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2016, 11:03 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Ivan Stewart decals

This is how I do all my decals..

Cheap and easy way to do your own custom graphics at home - LOOK!
JOEY_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:54 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcperea69 View Post
Great video and very informative. Thanks for sharing.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:16 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Well, it looks like I'm in the market for a new printer. I've seen the video tutorials that killersushi99 did for his drift car and it looked pretty easy. I just hate having to explain to the wife why we need a new printer for my "toys". Should I go inkjet or laser for a clearer image on the decal?
Old 02-08-2016, 10:06 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Update... I bought a new inkjet printer, two new ink cartridges, $30 worth of decal paper and I still don't have decals that are legible. I used Avery's Full Sheet Label kit #18665 which is a clear vinyl with a paper backing and the black parts of the image look OK but the colors and whites look milky and dull. The whites are the worst; they look translucent and are illegible. I also covered the sheets with clear packing tape to help the decals look shinier and protect them from moisture. I am going to try a white vinyl paper this weekend and see if that makes a difference. I tried to get some photos of the decals on the truck but the image quality is so bad that they don't show up on camera. Hopefully the white backed sheets work better. I'll get some photos of the new decals this weekend if they turn out better.

Ivan Stewart decals - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My desert yota Ivan Stewart style. wrencher 1.9 Scale Rigs 15 01-20-2013 10:12 PM
Help me with early Ivan Stewart photos that4byguy General Scale Talk 3 10-21-2009 06:36 PM