Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: got my XJ Jeep Cherokee hard body for scx 10 II, what do I do next? (xpost from scx1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2016, 08:00 AM   #1

Default got my XJ Jeep Cherokee hard body for scx 10 II, what do I do next? (xpost from scx1

Hi, So I just got mine and this is actually my first build of a crawler and of a hard body. The crawler (scx10 II) part i can handle because I have build couple of off road 4X4s. I have a couple of questions. Do i paint all pieces separately? do i screw and glue all the pieces first? what should i do to get the best results. Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
speedytobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2016, 07:17 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: got my XJ Jeep Cherokee hard body for scx 10 II, what do I do next? (xpost from

Hey Speedy
Congrats! Sounds like a pretty nice combo. My only expirence with hard bodies are a D90 and a Hilux. Neither as complex as your Cherokee. I would suggest assembling as much of the body as you can aside from glueing things. See where it all sits. There may be some sanding needed. Then pull it all apart and paint everything separately. Then reassemble.
Like I said, not super expirenced nor too picky about my paint jobs. They tend to not last.
2kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:44 AM   #3
Fan of wheelspeed

Default Re: got my XJ Jeep Cherokee hard body for scx 10 II, what do I do next? (xpost from

I would assemble all body parts and then sand the seams. You can leave out items such as the grill or mirrors, that type of glue on accessory, but if it's a body panel I would attach them all and then paint it as a whole unit. Painting individual pieces can lead into fitment issues due to paint build up as well as scratching parts during the assembly process. Also some glue can have a chemical reaction with certain paints that will ruin your paint job.
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote

got my XJ Jeep Cherokee hard body for scx 10 II, what do I do next? (xpost from scx1 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XJ Jeep Cherokee Hard body, what to do next? speedytobey Axial SCX10 II 1 08-19-2016 07:17 AM