Notices

Thread: Hpi on terminal backorder..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2016, 03:12 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Hpi on terminal backorder..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
It's not all RipMax's fault. A lot of HPI parts were manufactured in China by a company called Soar, and HPI owed Soar a lot of money. When RipMax bought HPI they also bought the responsibility to pay back Soar, and Soar was not interested in getting paid in small increments, because that's what HPI had promised (and failed) to do in the past. So Soar basically took the HPI molds they own and told HPI to piss off.

And how is this anywhere close to good negotiating on ripmax part..? You just made my point..

If this is true, why hasn't soar just released their own line of product? Chinese manufacturers have a long history of using other companies designs and releasing product copies.. no?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
stevem50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2016, 09:11 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem50 View Post
And how is this anywhere close to good negotiating on ripmax part..? You just made my point..
The only other option was for HPI to dissolve. It was down to a few hours before they would've run out of credit.

Quote:
If this is true, why hasn't soar just released their own line of product? Chinese manufacturers have a long history of using other companies designs and releasing product copies.. no?
SOAR SEIKI CO.,LTD
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 04:36 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Well they need to start punching out bodies.. Hpi had the m class locked up. Their buggies do look good though..

Old 12-12-2016, 10:14 AM   #24

Quote:
It's not all RipMax's fault. A lot of HPI parts were manufactured in China by a company called Soar, and HPI owed Soar a lot of money. When RipMax bought HPI they also bought the responsibility to pay back Soar, and Soar was not interested in getting paid in small increments, because that's what HPI had promised (and failed) to do in the past. So Soar basically took the HPI molds they own and told HPI to piss off.
Quote:
The only other option was for HPI to dissolve. It was down to a few hours before they would've run out of credit.

SOAR SEIKI CO.,LTD
What is the source for your information? I hadn't heard this.

Quote:
Well they need to start punching out bodies.. Hpi had the m class locked up. Their buggies do look good though..
Are you forgetting Tamiya? HPI's bodies aren't as detailed or as nice as Tamiya's in my experience.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 11:40 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

Damn near all of them are discontinued unless you want a mini cooper. At least hpi had some variety.. my only other option is teambluegroove but after you buy the body and stickers separate and pay shipping from Canada you are $70 in for an m body

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2016, 02:13 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
What is the source for your information? I hadn't heard this.

Are you forgetting Tamiya? HPI's bodies aren't as detailed or as nice as Tamiya's in my experience.

Well, I am sure he read it on some other site, then comes here acting like he had some insider knowledge.

Of course the self proclaimed engineer is now an expert is business acquisitions of bankrupt companies now too.

Ripmax or whatever is totally at fault. They moved forward on a purchase without making sure creditors would work with them to make the company work, deadline or not. If they could not get the creditors to commit, they simply should of walked away from the deal. You can't blame anyone else...

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 02:19 PM   #27

Quote:
Damn near all of them are discontinued unless you want a mini cooper. At least hpi had some variety.. my only other option is teambluegroove but after you buy the body and stickers separate and pay shipping from Canada you are $70 in for an m body
I hadn't realized Tamiya discontinued most of their M-series bodies. That's a bummer. HPI did have more variety.

TBG bodies, in my limited experience of owning one or two, are absolutely horrible. The details on the bodies are nearly nonexistent. It's one plastic blob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
Well, I am sure he read it on some other site, then comes here acting like he had some insider knowledge.

Of course the self proclaimed engineer is now an expert is business acquisitions of bankrupt companies now too.

Ripmax or whatever is totally at fault. They moved forward on a purchase without making sure creditors would work with them to make the company work, deadline or not. If they could not get the creditors to commit, they simply should of walked away from the deal. You can't blame anyone else...

Later EddieO
My thoughts exactly, but I was going to give him a chance to explain.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:23 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

The tbg bodies are like the parma/bolink bodies from the 80s and 90s.. basic. Not bad if you can paint.. but yeah, Tamiya discontinued most stuff immediately, then the Internet chopshops will sell them, but charge 80-250 for a body. Jeez.. I race these cars, I'm not blowing a c note on something I'm going to shred. It's a shame this hpi crap is so drawn out

Old 12-12-2016, 04:12 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Oh for god's sake people, use Google: SOAR vs. HPI Case, statements from both, Updated – saga continues -NeoBuggy.net – Offroad RC Car News

Go to hell, Eddie. I'm not a self-proclaimed engineer, I have an engineering degree from an ABET-accredited university and I don't give a flying f*ck what you think of me or anything I say. Do us both a favor and put me on your ignore list. I've already put you on mine.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 04:32 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

After reading this link I'm under the impression that Hpi has defaulted on too many creditors to be further viable, ripmax made a bad deal, and I'm apparently shitouttaluck on getting those 911 and 510 bodies..

Old 12-12-2016, 04:32 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Anyone got any links for a cool 210mm wb body..?

Old 12-12-2016, 06:55 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Oh for god's sake people, use Google: SOAR vs. HPI Case, statements from both, Updated – saga continues -NeoBuggy.net – Offroad RC Car News

Go to hell, Eddie. I'm not a self-proclaimed engineer, I have an engineering degree from an ABET-accredited university and I don't give a flying f*ck what you think of me or anything I say. Do us both a favor and put me on your ignore list. I've already put you on mine.

But you clearly do care....hence why you took the time to respond

I am sure the engineering degree is legit....from ITT tech or something similar.

Your link however proves the point, Ripmax made a bad deal....bought a bankrupt company with no plan in place with the creditors....yet you still try to point out that its not Ripmax's fault....when it clearly is. My advice, stick to being a shitty know it all engineer...you seem better at it.

Later EddieO
Old 12-12-2016, 07:18 PM   #33

Quote:

You're extremely dramatic and sassy.

As a mechanical engineer with a degree from an ABET-accredited university, I have to say that a degree does not make you an engineer. I've seen a lot of hacks with degrees and I've seen brilliant engineers without degrees.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:12 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

As a mechanical engineer with a degree from an ABET-accredited university, I have to say that a degree does not make you an engineer. I've seen a lot of hacks with degrees and I've seen brilliant engineers without degrees.
We should probably be nice to him....don't want him having a panic attack like he did when trump won....

Later EddieO
Old 12-13-2016, 02:29 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Oh sweet fancy moses.. we don't need safe spaces on this forum now do we.. the vulgarity and inappropriate discussion is about the only reason I log in..

Old 12-13-2016, 07:49 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Anyone got any links for a cool 210mm wb body..?

Have you checked mcallisterracing.com
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 07:53 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Nothing really jumped out at me, I've even looked on Kamtec.uk and nothing beats Hpi for quality/detail/price. Seems all the other companies you can only get 2 out of the three, depending on which 2 you want..

Old 12-13-2016, 08:04 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Y'know, when we were both posting on the other site all the time, I used to think you were kind of an ass
Nowadays, i'm realizing you really are an ass...

Quote:
Oh sweet fancy moses.. we don't need safe spaces on this forum now do we.. the vulgarity and inappropriate discussion is about the only reason I log in..

yeah, this forum is the place I turn to when I get fed up with being overly nice to the members on other forums that require hand-holding.

edit: oh, and the HPI info has been all over the place. I've found a lot of the info that was posted already on RedRC, ventures' facebook page, Harleys' facebook page, big squid, URC, etc...
the stuff posted about SOAR and Traxxas started a lot of the speculation about HPI being hours from dissolution. There's no real evidence that's the case though.

Last edited by makya; 12-13-2016 at 08:08 PM.
makya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 08:31 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by makya View Post
Y'know, when we were both posting on the other site all the time, I used to think you were kind of an ass
Nowadays, i'm realizing you really are an ass...
Damn. That really hurts. I mean I don't even recognize your username or know which other site you speak of, but I have feelings too.

Just kidding. DILLIGAF?
Old 12-13-2016, 08:39 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
But you clearly do care....hence why you took the time to respond

I am sure the engineering degree is legit....from ITT tech or something similar.

Your link however proves the point, Ripmax made a bad deal....bought a bankrupt company with no plan in place with the creditors....yet you still try to point out that its not Ripmax's fault....when it clearly is. My advice, stick to being a shitty know it all engineer...you seem better at it.

Later EddieO
Quote:
We should probably be nice to him....don't want him having a panic attack like he did when trump won....

Later EddieO

Just so fyrstormer doesn't miss this due to having EddieO on ignore.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote

Hpi on terminal backorder.. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Connecting BEC to ESC terminal With Caps robertjpjr Electronics 6 04-15-2015 08:59 AM
Axial backorder? gooba General Crawlers 17 02-14-2012 08:58 PM
Suspension and A Motor Terminal Question FlatwaterMG Duratrax Cliff Climber 2 01-12-2009 11:49 AM
Integy V10 Motors terminal aljeann Axial AX-10 Scorpion 1 07-14-2008 01:50 AM
TXT on Backorder redrover Chit Chat 8 04-11-2006 06:22 AM