Notices

Thread: Magnets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2018, 12:13 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Magnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavinG View Post
I used those magnets from China on my rig and was very unhappy with them. They are super strong but the problem I had was that the magnets were constantly letting go from the body - the superglue kept letting go. Rolling also caused the body to come off. I'm building a new body and am resorting back to the standard body posts.
EPOXY!! 2-Part Epoxy, my friend.... Also lightly sand the surfaces that you're adhering the Magnets to. CA cannot take much shear force. It's a Contact Cement only....

I use 1/2"x1/4"x 1/8" Ring Magnets. I do the through the Post method, when I can. When possible, I also put 2 smaller Magnets low, on each side of the Body, under the doors.
Would I run them on a 60mph Brushless Basher? NO WAY!! They're not going for Scale looks anyway.

I've had a Body come completely off.....ONCE. I rolled down about a 65 degree, 50 foot Rock Hill. I would've Actually been shocked if it DIDN'T come off!!
This is a trick for slow rolling Scalers..... It's not for everyone.

ALSO, I've put Magnets or Steel Plate under the Bed area, and then attached small to tiny Magnets on my Scale Accessories. Chris @ GCM taught me that one! They stay put, but you can also move or change things around, if you want!
PoorManRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2018, 03:06 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Default Re: Magnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavinG View Post
I used those magnets from China on my rig and was very unhappy with them. They are super strong but the problem I had was that the magnets were constantly letting go from the body - the superglue kept letting go. Rolling also caused the body to come off. I'm building a new body and am resorting back to the standard body posts.

E6000 and Shoe Goo both work well for attaching magnets. I prefer E6000 simply because it self-levels and looks better once cured.

Last edited by Inspector86; 02-08-2018 at 03:11 PM.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Magnets - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Magnets? SMFtwstdHICK Vaterra Ascender 12 05-18-2016 10:51 AM
Magnets jetboat Electronics 9 01-18-2012 06:48 AM
Neodymium Magnets? alexchen86 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 08-24-2010 12:22 AM
Magnets? BJoe Paint and Body 19 01-08-2010 03:57 PM
Magnets LIKES2CRAWL Electronics 7 09-15-2007 11:31 PM