Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Wake up body manufacturers!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2017, 09:24 AM   #101

Default Re: Wake up body manufacturers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
I have some ideas, and i just plugged the tm8 152 axles in another thread ;)

I need a 78ish f100 body. Im leaning towards traxxas bigfoot #1.
But somebody a few posts up was saying 3d printed bodies from somedy mentioned on rceveryday? I watch like 2 hrs of yoitube a day and havent seen that. Not that i dont believe it, im just watching the wrong vids! Lol mostly esp, gcm, rcsparks,etc
But man i need to see how many $$$$ for a 3d printed f100 lariat with dual tank long bed!
It was my dads truck he used to let me drive on camping trips. Im building a tribute.

Great thread. Started a little harsh but its actually coming around and showing how far this niche in the rc world has come just in the last 2 years i have been watching. Literally watching. On youtube lol.
I really should listen to medic when he says go outside!

Ok thanks to the link i just scrolled up and saw.
Nightcrawler! Now i remember i actually did watch those vids a while back lol
The rc everyday ratrod builds inspired me to someday make a scale rwd ae86 drifter with a solid rear axle. Probably cc01 based.
Thanks!
Jconcepts has a 2 70s ford bodies.
But the single cab truck is pretty short since they are made to fit clod buster monster trucks
http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/1979-f...ter-truck-body
http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/1979-f...ter-truck-body

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Grandbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2017, 09:27 AM   #102

They also have 93 f series trucks
An 80s and 90s f series body that's fairly large. 50s ford panel van and late 80s chevy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Grandbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:34 AM   #103
MODERATOR™

Quote:
im just watching the wrong vids! Lol mostly esp, gcm, rcsparks,etc
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:29 AM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Man that didnt come out right lol
Huge respect to those i listed. Didnt mean those guys are wrong. Just need to clear that up. Thanks for pointing out how that came off. It was reeeeeeally late when i posted that. Or, early? Anyway, mad props to the youtubers in our community. Its how i get 60% of my info.

Thanks for the links to jconcepts. I know they are huge in the monster scale community and they make incredible stuff. The single cab is perfect and now i cant remember if my dads truck was a 78 or 79 (ironically i myself am a 79 lol). I do remember it was a brown and cream lariat edition with dual fuel tanks and therefor a longer bed on a single cab?
But yeah the 11 inch wheelbase is a challenge. Sorta. *edit* quick google led me to the gmade komodo chasis at 11.3 mm, just a hair longer but might be my best option, might be able to shorten links a tad at each end?
Thanks!!!

As for this whole body availabilty and detail debacle... it will happen. Rc drifting is a good example. There was only a handful of your typical drift cars available from yokomo. Then hpi started to catch on. Then a handful of other small companies in japan filled the gaps and started cranking out the lesser know, more obscure but really unique shells. And the detail is incredible compared to 10 years ago. Now you can build a car with removeable bumpers, fenders, and hoods, all exposing underpanels that are accurate to the 1:1 cars.

We are getting close to that in the trial scaler community. I mean we are practically there. We will continue to get more variety now with traxxas jumping in, hpi trying to come back, and all the 3rd party support is incredible. I do think companies would benefit by giving us more of a voice. Like maybe voting for new bodies on thier sites, more reveals at events like axialfest or proline by the fire.
Just some way to connect with us and they get money, and we get more variety.

Just for example, i am also an avid collector of action figures. That community has events for the companies to get out and talk to fans. They often have fans choice votes for certain figures, and reveals of soon to be released products all at places like ny comic con, san diego comic con, toy fair, and niche events like star wars celebration, botcon, etc...

I think this community is healthy, and will only continue to improve. We just need to be patient, but also respectfully voice what we want.
That said, i would love to see bodies made for
Late 90s tahoe
Early 2000 full tacoma
Nissan xterra
Maybe 1st gen durango
S10/blazer
90s ford explorer? Ranger?
Does tamiya make a suzuki samurai?

But yeah i think we are getting there. Its getting better and this isnt going to fade away any time soon.

Last edited by Shinchu; 06-04-2017 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Gmade chasis might fit the jconcepts 11 inch bod!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:45 AM   #105
MODERATOR™

RCSparks came here and was shamed off the site.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:50 AM   #106
I wanna be Dave

If you can find them, HPI had a couple '79 Ford bodies
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:27 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Does tamiya make a suzuki samurai?
TowerHobbies.com | Tamiya Clear Body Set Suzuki Jimny SJ30

Much smaller size than usual - fits the "Wheelie" chassis:

Length: 10.5" (268mm)
Width: 5.75" (146mm)
Height: 5" (127mm)

These are hard to find - the Axial Trail Ranger:

TowerHobbies.com | Parts Compatibility: Axial Trail Ranger Truck Body .040" Clear

(edited to add another body)

Last edited by durok; 06-04-2017 at 12:39 PM.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 01:32 PM   #108
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
If you can find them, HPI had a couple '79 Ford bodies
Yes they did and they were the big 4 door highboy looking ones.
MattySlimz1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:23 PM   #109
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
RCSparks came here and was shamed off the site.
bunch of savages in this town...

Thanks for the reminders, was pretty sure tamiya made a samurai, surprised we dont see more of those but... short wheelbase isnt very functional i suppose.

F250 double cab highboy body is a bit overkill but thanks lol
Im about to start a new thread for my dads 78 f100 tribute. Need help figuring out body and chassis combo.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:06 PM   #110
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2rocks View Post
Interesting post and thread. Two of the most detailed and appropriately scale Lexan bodies on the market, the Vaterra K-5 Blazer and the Axial XJ, are sized very well for a stock look with SCX-width axles. But people complain that those bodies are too big and hang up everywhere. It's possible that the new TRX-4 will change the way some people think about larger and wider bodies, but we won't know how the market will react until it's been out for a while. So I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing other aftermarket bodies with similar size.
Yeah I heard that to, but my experience is different. The big square bodies of the K5 and the SCX10 2 helps big time to keep the trucks on the wheels, and avoid roll over, where you need to pick it up. When they roll over they usually end up on the side, and a little bit of turning and either forward or reverse they are right back up again.
When the trucks roll over with the smaller bodies, they usually end up on the roof or more on the side then the square big bodies, so it's not as easy to get them back up right.
The scx10 2 body is not a personal favorite but it is very proportional to the axles and rest of the truck. To bad it is so thin. But with a descent amount of shoe goo and drywall tape it can be a very strong body.
AngelowDoom is offline   Reply With Quote

Wake up body manufacturers! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wake me up please Kratos Nebraska 5 04-30-2011 06:08 AM
so i wake up.. ROLANDROCKSHOP Chit Chat 4 08-05-2010 05:53 PM
List of manufacturers mmbackpacker Paint and Body 7 07-29-2008 09:50 AM