Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Extending Bed on Jeep Wrangler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2017, 07:48 PM   #1

Default Extending Bed on Jeep Wrangler

This is a New Bright Jeep Wrangler hard body I picked up. It has a 5 3/8" wheelbase and I'm going to attempt to mount it on a 1:18 Gelande II chassis.

I'm want to extend the bed about 1/2" - 3/4" and convert it to a Jeep Brute, but I don't want to extend the wheelbase. That means I need cut off the bed behind the rear wheel wells and insert some filler plastic. Never done this before wonder how big a challenge it's going to be. I would kind of like for the bed to be completely separated from the cab which probably means making a whole new bed. Sounds daunting.

Anybody have recommendations on the best way to accomplish what I want?

Attaboy
attaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2017, 05:40 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Extending Bed on Jeep Wrangler

My first suggestion would be to buy some styrene and start getting a feel for the way you construct with it before you start cutting up that body.

I'd also suggest to take a few pics of the body from the side, print them off so that they are a 1:1 scale for the jeep model, then practice cutting up the prints to figure out to arrange/modify the body to get what you want. You could then use the cut up pics as templates for cutting up the styrene.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote

Extending Bed on Jeep Wrangler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JEEP - #001 - Jeep Wrangler trial run with the D110 support vehicle JoeConti Videos! 0 01-18-2017 12:39 PM
Jeep Nukizer 715 and Jeep Wrangler LandOfTheEagle Scale Videos! 0 06-09-2016 07:20 AM
SCX10 Dingo, Jeep Rubicon, Jeep Wrangler G6 hill climb rock bouncing TAFF1969 Scale Videos! 0 07-16-2014 10:53 AM
Jeep Wrangler 4j's Tamiya XC/CC01 1 08-16-2012 10:03 AM