Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Everest 10 bodies? Jeep?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2017, 07:50 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Everest 10 bodies? Jeep?

Hey guys, my son's getting an Everest 10 for Christmas and I'm super excited about it. I know that once he gets it and finds out there are a plethora of bodies available he'll want to change the body to a Jeep body of some sort; likely a Wrangler Unlimited or Cherokee. He loves Jeeps and wants one for his first vehicle someday. The way that I understand it is that the suspension articulation of this kind of crawler combined with the unconventional style chassis and body mounting method makes body changes more difficult than on say an SCX10, TRX4, Gen7 etc... We wouldn't be shooting for a scale look with this rig and don't really wanna lower it, decrease articulation or downsize the tires though I fear that I may have no choice to do something along those lines. I DO expect body trimming and being creative with different body mounting options and I look forward to the challenge. I just wanna see if anyone has any input if I'm off my rocker or if this may be able to be accomplished at all. Thanks guys for sharing your experience and ideas with this noob just learning what this all about.
Everest10Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2017, 08:11 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Everest 10 bodies? Jeep?

Guys have done it. Wait til you get the E10 and run it some to see how the chassis is made and all before you buy another body. Google image search for pics of bodies people have put on E10’s. I’ve dived one of our E10’s up for my 6yo daughter. She’s wanting a different body, but IMO a wrangler / cherokee / sub type body would be too top heavy on the already tall E10 and it’s just roll over all the time. I’ve talked my daughter into a deadbolt / G6 / dingo type body with the exposed roll cage. I think it will fit , look, and work better for her wide open bouncing over whatever’s in her path driving style.
number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:35 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Look for lexan jeep bodies. Not a Hard body to help keep the top heaviness down. Also decreasing the flex/ articulation Is actually a good thing which will also help it from being a roll over rover. Lol.
hillbillyrc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:03 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

My daughters deadbolt body arrived. After she opens it for Christmas, I’ll post up pics and info in the redcat section of how we figure out to mount it. I’m going to make some mounting brackets / etc to be able to use verticals body posts and use the pre drilled holes in the deadbolt body, and work up some sliders so she don’t rip the body apart from catching something under the rocker panels.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:34 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
My daughters deadbolt body arrived. After she opens it for Christmas, I’ll post up pics and info in the redcat section of how we figure out to mount it. I’m going to make some mounting brackets / etc to be able to use verticals body posts and use the pre drilled holes in the deadbolt body, and work up some sliders so she don’t rip the body apart from catching something under the rocker panels.
I'll be anxiously awaiting your writeup/pics on this one. Thinking that'll be one of the first bodies we'll try after Christmas at our house too. Someday I know he'll want a Jeep though. He's in love with Jeeps.
Everest10Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 04:06 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Got the deadbolt body mounted up.

E10 Deadbolt

Everest 10 bodies? Jeep? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red cat Everest 10 bodies thabeast2002 Newbie General 3 06-21-2016 04:04 PM
Best Jeep Bodies deadbase Axial Wraith 10 05-21-2015 11:11 PM