Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: RC4WD Blazer Pre-Painted Complete Body Set Quality?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2018, 01:55 PM   #1

Default RC4WD Blazer Pre-Painted Complete Body Set Quality?

Please post photos of your prepainted RC4WD Blazer bodies. I only want to see photos of those that come in the light blue, orange, teal, or yellow pre-painted schemes from RC4WD.

I am looking to get one of these bodies, but I am concerned about the quality of the paint. I don't want any crooked lines or anything like that.

Thanks!

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2018, 06:22 AM   #2

Default Re: RC4WD Blazer Pre-Painted Complete Body Set Quality?

Nobody?
Old 01-23-2018, 10:45 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

My friend i roped into painting mine said i better not ask that of him again, dunno why he is the automotive painter of us, i have mostly dealt with powder coating myself, though we have the same educations when it come to painting and surface treatment.

I dont bother too much though, dident take many runs before i ripped paint of mine and covered it with a patina of semi-cleaned mud / dirt.
That cleaning trucks have never been my strong side, most often my cleaning are running the car at speed thru a puddle of water, or take a dip in the stream before the trip is over.

Judging by the pictures at RC4WD the painted bodies dont look bad, but how good a hold it have i dont know, but i would assume they have used some water based paint like "i" also used on mine.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:28 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Nobody?
That's a $170 body, or a $800 RTR... Probably not too many people on here that bought one?

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
That's a $170 body, or a $800 RTR... Probably not too many people on here that bought one?

I'm talking the body not the RTR. $170 for a painted hard body isn't that much in the grand scheme of this hobby. And the painted version isn't much more expensive than the unfinished body.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:03 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Just a thought, is all... And based on your posts I never would assume that you would buy the RTR, was only referring to someone else posting pics.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:28 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

“Kisun’s RC Life” on YouTube runs the teal one on his channel. Looks really good.

Check his channel out.

Last edited by cjhike; 01-24-2018 at 01:09 PM.
cjhike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:39 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

painted or not, these bodies are pretty expensive if you ask me, and then factoring in what they do to COG.

Then you better be a dedicated scaler driver with emphasis on scale and not like me offroad performance.

At first i ran 2 yota bodies on my TF2, and the yota bodies wasent that bad performing, for the scale look and so on i was quite happy with it.

But then getting the K5 body and putting it on my TF2 i drove it 2 times and since i have been without a car / not driving.
To be honest the drivability of the TF2 took a 70% dive, almost excluding side-hilling completely.
A large part of this was off course my tires / foams and suspension, i am sure i could have made the K5 body run better on the TF2, but i have been wheeling the TF2 since day one, so time to move on though i pretty much couldn't afford to do that.

I now run it on my SCX10II where the body work a little better for me, which i largely think are down to the 1.9 tires Vs 1.55 on the TF2, and the stiffness of said wheels/foams.
but have no doubt i am ordering the pro line power wagon body as soon as i can.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Just a thought, is all... And based on your posts I never would assume that you would buy the RTR, was only referring to someone else posting pics.
I definitely prefer kits. The build is half the fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhike View Post
“Kusin’s RC Life” on YouTube runs the teal one on his channel. Looks really good.

Check his channel out.
Thanks. I found it. His does look really nice. BTW the channel is actually Kisun’s RC Life for those that can't find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaker View Post
painted or not, these bodies are pretty expensive if you ask me, and then factoring in what they do to COG.

Then you better be a dedicated scaler driver with emphasis on scale and not like me offroad performance.

At first i ran 2 yota bodies on my TF2, and the yota bodies wasent that bad performing, for the scale look and so on i was quite happy with it.

But then getting the K5 body and putting it on my TF2 i drove it 2 times and since i have been without a car / not driving.
To be honest the drivability of the TF2 took a 70% dive, almost excluding side-hilling completely.
A large part of this was off course my tires / foams and suspension, i am sure i could have made the K5 body run better on the TF2, but i have been wheeling the TF2 since day one, so time to move on though i pretty much couldn't afford to do that.

I now run it on my SCX10II where the body work a little better for me, which i largely think are down to the 1.9 tires Vs 1.55 on the TF2, and the stiffness of said wheels/foams.
but have no doubt i am ordering the pro line power wagon body as soon as i can.
I have a fleet of scalers. I have mostly performance oriented ones. But my group sometimes goes to places that are more scale and less challenging. My Ascender eats those places up and it gets boring. I want to have a scale vehicle for these less challenging places.

Tags
blazer, body, paint, pre-painted, rc4wd

RC4WD Blazer Pre-Painted Complete Body Set Quality? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pre-Order RC4WD Gelande II RTR Truck Kit w/Cruiser Body Set RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 12-23-2016 12:33 PM