Notices

Thread: New RC4WD Tacoma body

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2018, 05:13 PM   #41
Im Brandon

Default Re: New RC4WD Tacoma body

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
Pobody's Nerfect Jato, why RC4WD decided to do what they did is beyond me.
I think Jato's ability to comment in every single thread where his opinion might start an argument is perfect. Does that count?

I will need one of these bodies to throw on a stretched Yeti Jr. I've always wanted to build one fully locked and some gear reduction to see how it would do on the trail. That platform has a lot of un-tapped potential still.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2018, 05:42 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I think Jato's ability to comment in every single thread where his opinion might start an argument is perfect. Does that count?

I will need one of these bodies to throw on a stretched Yeti Jr. I've always wanted to build one fully locked and some gear reduction to see how it would do on the trail. That platform has a lot of un-tapped potential still.
All I did was post my opinion of the body. People are free to ignore it. It's not like I'm the only one in this thread saying the body isn't great. Besides, I see a discussion of differing opinions on this thread not an argument.

I don't get free stuff so I can speak my honest opinion and I don't have to defend products or brands like some people on this thread.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:53 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
All I did was post my opinion of the body. People are free to ignore it. It's not like I'm the only one in this thread saying the body isn't great. Besides, I see a discussion of differing opinions on this thread not an argument.

I don't get free stuff so I can speak my honest opinion and I don't have to defend products or brands like some people on this thread.

Nope, you just like to argue for the sake of arguing.
What is your incessant need to always defend us from these evil empires like axial and rc4wd? Just curious. ......
distinctive pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:26 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Must get!
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:46 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

Anything over a 4” tall tire might throw proportions way off. These are 1.9 Pitbull all terrains which are 4.05” tall. He put the body on an SCX-10.2 chassis and axles
Attached Images

generalee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:32 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Looks Small-ish. Probably look better on a barrage.
Low slung.
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:52 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalee7 View Post
Anything over a 4” tall tire might throw proportions way off. These are 1.9 Pitbull all terrains which are 4.05” tall. He put the body on an SCX-10.2 chassis and axles

Looks great! I've seen alot if tacomas in moab sitting on 1 tons this looks identical to those!
distinctive pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:15 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

The pics of the white one on both chassis looks great - the blacked out grille and fender flares are the details that stand out.

Could try running narrow hexes to bring in the width just a hair more, although it isn't that bad, IMHO...

Could imagine one on RC4WD 1.7" Siped Super Swamper Boggers... and narrow (or remove) the sliders, that's the only part that bothers me in the pic.

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 04:11 AM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive pd View Post
Looks great! I've seen alot if tacomas in moab sitting on 1 tons this looks identical to those!
You made me google "tacomas on 1 tons" and I'll be damn if that is not pretty damn close to what they look like. I think you would have to open the wheel wells up a bit more and run a slightly bigger tire.

So if that's the look you are going for, I think this body would work pretty good. I still don't see many quad cabs of that body style though. I think it would have been better as an extended cab.
JDM74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 07:28 AM   #50
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM74 View Post
You made me google "tacomas on 1 tons" and I'll be damn if that is not pretty damn close to what they look like. I think you would have to open the wheel wells up a bit more and run a slightly bigger tire.

So if that's the look you are going for, I think this body would work pretty good. I still don't see many quad cabs of that body style though. I think it would have been better as an extended cab.
Yeah I’m also surprised about them making a double cab not an extended cab. I see way more built extra cabs than doubles.
generalee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:37 AM   #51
RCC Addict

Anymore info on the CC01 with the Tacoma body?
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:56 AM   #52
I wanna be Dave

My girlfriend in high school had a 4 door TRD edition same year as this.
It was awesome.

Narrow down a pair of yota axles and run it on smaller tires and it would look sweet.
Hmmm a std cab would be really cool for barrage owners, and drifters ;)
Would just take a 3d printed cab back and front bed... or somebody with styrene skills...
Hmmm... tempting...
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:18 AM   #53
I wanna be Dave

I dont see a problem.
I am using a 7 inch wide jconcepts ford body and yeah the wheels stick out even on narrowed ascender axles. Gonna get some cchand narrow hub adapters and that should get it class 1 legal.

I think everyone here can get axles narrowed somehow. Right? So, this is not a big deal breaker in my opinion.

I just want to see awesome interior goodies from the likes of rc4wd, knight, rc nerds, etc...
That would really be the icing on this yummy yota cake!

Oh! And 3d printed bed front, and cab rear, so people can make swb versions!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:19 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
The pics of the white one on both chassis looks great - the blacked out grille and fender flares are the details that stand out.

Could try running narrow hexes to bring in the width just a hair more, although it isn't that bad, IMHO...

Could imagine one on RC4WD 1.7" Siped Super Swamper Boggers... and narrow (or remove) the sliders, that's the only part that bothers me in the pic.

Those 1.7 Boggers straight work and they will mount up to the 1.55 RC4WD wagon wheels with no issues, I love mine!
Old 05-02-2018, 04:23 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis c. View Post
Those 1.7 Boggers straight work and they will mount up to the 1.55 RC4WD wagon wheels with no issues, I love mine!
I got a single as a spare when it was on sale for around $9, and every time I look at it I want to waterproof my FlySky receiver (all other electronics are WP from factory) and order 3 or 4 more and GO MUDDIN'!

Old 05-02-2018, 07:00 AM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I got a single as a spare when it was on sale for around $9, and every time I look at it I want to waterproof my FlySky receiver (all other electronics are WP from factory) and order 3 or 4 more and GO MUDDIN'!

I was actually refering to rocks, IH8MUD!
They break in fast and kill it on the rocks around here.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:41 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Quote:

I dont even run my flysky receiver in the case. Just waterproofed it and have it hidden under a dust cover. Been doing plenty of swimming with it. Go for it.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:35 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
I dont even run my flysky receiver in the case. Just waterproofed it and have it hidden under a dust cover. Been doing plenty of swimming with it. Go for it.

I conformal coat all my recievers. My flysky one sits on a plate in the open on my truck and have had zero issues with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lilws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:58 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
I conformal coat all my recievers. My flysky one sits on a plate in the open on my truck and have had zero issues with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I recently bought silicone conformal coating as well as dielectric grease. Thanks for the tip!

I was somewhat kidding, however. I'm still not sure I want my rigs running through what passes for creek water around here - ugh...

I've lived right next to a really cool hike & bike trail for many years.

Recently it's gotten extremely crowded along the main pathways, and people don't pick up after their dogs - or if they do, they bag the crap and then LEAVE IT rather than take it out to the many trash cans at the trailheads.

My brother's and his wife's work both are somewhat environmental-quality oriented. He's tested the water in our area and it is shudder-inducing as far as the levels of dogshit. Never mind the standard compliment of pollutants such as industrial fertilizers.

Just don't feel like immersion in that mess would be pleasant for my rock crawlers...

So, I tend to only go crawling around the edges of the park, away from the more populated areas - and typically only when it's dry.

It's a shame, really - because the whole park is really nice.

I used to be able to go for MTB rides and not see a soul, now it's constant dodging oblivious trailrunners with their headphones on, loose dogs that often try to give chase and bite, and ill-behaved "extreme" MTB-ers on carbon full suspension rigs and full padding going way to fast for trail conditions.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:39 PM   #60
Slow is the new Fast

So what is the actual wheelbase of this body? Is it 313mm? I have read a lot of debate over it’s propotions, but Can’t seem to see a definitive figure.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote

New RC4WD Tacoma body - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tacoma body? 85toycrawler Paint and Body 9 04-01-2008 10:35 AM
Toyota Tacoma Body? BGGruff Paint and Body 19 08-16-2007 01:07 PM
tacoma body RydeFab Newbie General 1 08-16-2006 10:02 AM