Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body
Loading

Notices

Thread: New RC4WD Tacoma body

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2018, 10:17 PM   #61
sketchiness abounds...
 
durok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Austin
Posts: 5,918
Default Re: New RC4WD Tacoma body

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
So what is the actual wheelbase of this body? Is it 313mm? I have read a lot of debate over itís propotions, but Canít seem to see a definitive figure.
If you check the RC4WD site, the name of the part is:

RC4WD 2001 TOYOTA TACOMA 4 DOOR BODY FOR TF2 LWB 313MM/12.3"

?



And furthermore:

Direct Fit for Trail Finder 2 LWB
Wheelbase: 12.36in / 314mm
Length: 19.88in / 505mm
Width: 7.16in / 182mm
Height: 5.04in / 128mm
Total Weight: 7.32oz / 207.5g

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2018, 08:30 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: san diego
Posts: 2,723
Default Re: New RC4WD Tacoma body

i still think the best practical application of this body is a CC01 with custom links. looks perfect.

i need to WP my rx too. i always hated that kid in the neighborhood who screamed "IM NOT ALLOWED TO GET WET!!!" and right now, that's my truck lol
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 10:17 AM   #63
Moderator
 
JatoTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 13,511
Default Re: New RC4WD Tacoma body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
i still think the best practical application of this body is a CC01 with custom links. looks perfect.

i need to WP my rx too. i always hated that kid in the neighborhood who screamed "IM NOT ALLOWED TO GET WET!!!" and right now, that's my truck lol
I agree. Judging by the photos on this thread it looks bestt on a CC-01 width chassis. It would probably also fit very nicely on a lengthened MST CFX/CMX.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 12:12 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chico now
Posts: 2,384
Default Re: New RC4WD Tacoma body

The lexan is way too thin and floppy, needs to be more like Pro Line thickness, other than that I love it.
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 10:02 PM   #65
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 620
Default Re: New RC4WD Tacoma body

Got mine all done up today. Proportions aren't all that bad actually. The tires are a little big but I'll deal with it because Nittos
Attached Images
  
generalee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 01:16 AM   #66
sketchiness abounds...
 
durok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Austin
Posts: 5,918
Default Re: New RC4WD Tacoma body

^^^ Super nice job, and a heck of a 1:1 in the driveway!

Q: are those SSD Trail steel wheels on the scaler?
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 07:01 AM   #67
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Waukesha
Posts: 635
Default Re: New RC4WD Tacoma body

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalee7 View Post
Got mine all done up today. Proportions aren't all that bad actually. The tires are a little big but I'll deal with it because Nittos


That looks pretty scale to me. Love it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lilws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:49 AM   #68
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 620
Default Re: New RC4WD Tacoma body

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
^^^ Super nice job, and a heck of a 1:1 in the driveway!

Q: are those SSD Trail steel wheels on the scaler?
Thanks! Yes they are these wheels. I thought they looked most like the Trail Readys on my 1:1

1.9" Steel Trail Beadlock Wheels (Black)
generalee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:54 PM   #69
Moderator
 
JatoTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 13,511
Default Re: New RC4WD Tacoma body

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalee7 View Post
Thanks! Yes they are these wheels. I thought they looked most like the Trail Readys on my 1:1

1.9" Steel Trail Beadlock Wheels (Black)
Good looking wheels and great looking tires. I just wish Axial had a newer, better compound than R35.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:51 PM   #70
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Princeton, North Carolina, USA
Posts: 1,499
Default Re: New RC4WD Tacoma body

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Good looking wheels and great looking tires. I just wish Axial had a newer, better compound than R35.
You don't like R35? I though that was supposed to be the penultimate epitome of tire compound prowess? 10 minutes ago, anyway.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:57 PM   #71
Moderator
 
JatoTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 13,511
Default Re: New RC4WD Tacoma body

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
You don't like R35? I though that was supposed to be the penultimate epitome of tire compound prowess? 10 minutes ago, anyway.
No, I don't like R35. It hasn't been the "it" compound in at least 5 years. Once you try Proline G8 compound you'll understand.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:36 AM   #72
Mikes RC World
 
1BadJeepBruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Land of NO 4wheeling toyota cwarlers or drag racing sortafast chevelles
Posts: 8,852
Default Re: New RC4WD Tacoma body

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalee7 View Post
Got mine all done up today. Proportions aren't all that bad actually. The tires are a little big but I'll deal with it because Nittos
Nicely done, get a thin sharpie marker and draw the door and hood lines in and itll look awesome
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:07 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: san diego
Posts: 2,723
Default Re: New RC4WD Tacoma body

x2 and don't forget the cab/bed gap.
maybe mask the outside and hit the window frames with black plasti-dip? would help realism a LOT.

great looking trucks though, both of em!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:21 PM   #74
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 1
Default Re: New RC4WD Tacoma body

Ordered mines today, hopefully I can make it look decent on my scx10.2. I’m lurking this thread for some ideas. Haha
Fattypack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:34 PM   #75
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 620
Default Re: New RC4WD Tacoma body

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Nicely done, get a thin sharpie marker and draw the door and hood lines in and itll look awesome
Yeah I'll pick some of those up. I think I only have the standard size sharpies laying around.
generalee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:05 PM   #76
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Waukesha
Posts: 635
Default Re: New RC4WD Tacoma body

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Nicely done, get a thin sharpie marker and draw the door and hood lines in and itll look awesome


I plan to do this as well I haven't done it yet to lexan bodies. Been to busy beating them up


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lilws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:25 AM   #77
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Waukesha
Posts: 635
Default Re: New RC4WD Tacoma body

Got a little farther on my body today. Some decals on mirrors grill painted. Started mocking it up on my chassis but switched to the 1.9's I had laying around and now I don't want to shorten my axles any more. What do you guys think? I don't think it's half bad the way it sits.







Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lilws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:32 PM   #78
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Princeton, North Carolina, USA
Posts: 1,499
Default Re: New RC4WD Tacoma body

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
Got a little farther on my body today. Some decals on mirrors grill painted. Started mocking it up on my chassis but switched to the 1.9's I had laying around and now I don't want to shorten my axles any more. What do you guys think? I don't think it's half bad the way it sits.







Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks ok for a crawler. Not so much if you were going for scale. Reminds me of the old Toyota acronym...Take Off Your Oversized Tires, A$$hole lol.

Love that blue.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:34 PM   #79
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Waukesha
Posts: 635
Default Re: New RC4WD Tacoma body

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
Looks ok for a crawler. Not so much if you were going for scale. Reminds me of the old Toyota acronym...Take Off Your Oversized Tires, A$$hole lol.

Love that blue.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk


I've got my 4runner body for scale



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lilws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 02:04 PM   #80
Slow is the new fast
 
smog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Winterpeg
Posts: 2,632
Default Re: New RC4WD Tacoma body

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
Got a little farther on my body today. Some decals on mirrors grill painted. Started mocking it up on my chassis but switched to the 1.9's I had laying around and now I don't want to shorten my axles any more. What do you guys think? I don't think it's half bad the way it sits.







Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love the brilliant body color. It would be nice if you could run a wheel with a slightly less aggressive backspacing. You have a good looking rig there

Last edited by smog; 05-13-2018 at 05:07 PM.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



New RC4WD Tacoma body - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tacoma body? 85toycrawler Paint and Body 9 04-01-2008 10:35 AM
Toyota Tacoma Body? BGGruff Paint and Body 19 08-16-2007 01:07 PM
tacoma body RydeFab Newbie General 1 08-16-2006 10:02 AM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com