Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Installing light controller

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2019, 06:57 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Installing light controller

This has almost become a philosophical problem for me. I'm over thinking it.

I have the Axial NVS controller with 8 wire ports. I want to use 2 wires on the chassis and the rest on the body. And both servo and throttle wire must run through the light controller. So where do I mount it? The LED wires sit extremely tight in the controller and it's no way I can plug them in and out every time I take off the body.

I was planning to mount it on the body, but no matter how I look at it, it seems I need a million extension wires and a lot of soldering.

Any tips?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited by tjohanne; 01-13-2019 at 07:00 PM.
tjohanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2019, 08:09 PM   #2

Default Re: Installing light controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohanne View Post
This has almost become a philosophical problem for me. I'm over thinking it.

I have the Axial NVS controller with 8 wire ports. I want to use 2 wires on the chassis and the rest on the body. And both servo and throttle wire must run through the light controller. So where do I mount it? The LED wires sit extremely tight in the controller and it's no way I can plug them in and out every time I take off the body.

I was planning to mount it on the body, but no matter how I look at it, it seems I need a million extension wires and a lot of soldering.

Any tips?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don’t have the Axial NVS. I TAKE IT THEY don’t a quick disconnect like the MyTrickRC Dragon controller. With that one I was able to mount the controller to the body, should I need to remove the body, mine is attached via a swivel in the rear, I just flip my body up. I do have some wire in the rear bumper and some also mounted in the front bumper too but the rest of my system lights are in the body. The runs that go to the front bumper has a longer extension to allow the body to flip up, that leaves enough room to work with it.

https://www.mytrickrc.com/shop/dragon-lighting-system/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Howlkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:11 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Installing light controller

Servo extension cables are easier to source than the plug that's on the lights, might be easier on the body
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote

Installing light controller - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HeyOK KoH light and brake light controller. Jboucher Electronics 6 08-01-2018 04:30 PM
Great LED Light Controller for Vanquish Light Bar Fastyz400 Axial SCX-10 2 01-19-2016 11:38 PM
LED Light Bar installing help/clarification NickDanger Newbie General 4 12-05-2015 09:12 AM
Installing an LED light bar....? Vitamin J Newbie General 3 09-22-2015 10:47 AM
Brake Light Controller with Head Light Output heyok Vendors Electronics 8 09-04-2012 05:02 PM