Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Freqeskinz Body Wrap Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2019, 11:13 AM   #1

Default Freqeskinz Body Wrap Review

So I got the Freqeskinz Primer Series Bahama Blue vinyl wrap for my Deadbolt. The quality of the decals is good. They peel off easily from the sheet and the body, so you can adjust them a bunch of times before you find the right place.

I would have liked to see an instruction sheet or at least a reference diagram. A picture to show how the decals look on every side of the truck, for each decal. The decal sheet could also be labeled, like driver's side or front or rear etc. I know it seems obvious, but how hard is it to label something.

I put these decals on a new body and I left a good amount of plastic when I cut it out. I still had issues with the decals fitting the body. Mostly this was on the corners, where one decal would not reach to the other. This left a gap between the decals. I ended up cutting small strips off the remaining decal sheet, to try and fill in the gaps. Maybe I could have stretched them a little better. I did use a heat gun and was able to smooth out any bubbles that were created.

The other area I had problems with was the wheel well. It seemed like there was more decal than available lexan real estate. As I said, when I cut the body I left myself a generous amount of plastic beyond the body contour lines. After applying the wheel well decals (fender flare rivet details) I had to raise the body mount posts up a few notches so everything would clear. After further inspection I decided to cut the wheel wells out a little more and lowered the body back down.

I think if the decals came in 3 pieces instead of 6 for the sides, it would be better. I felt there were too many edges to try to match up. Regardless of all these issues, it's still seemed easier than trying to paint an elaborate scheme on the body. I still had fun customizing my rig to look different than other people’s. There was also a sticker kit with the new body that let me put more realism into it compared to how it came new out of the box. I hope this helps out for anyone looking for a different look on their rig. I would use Freqeskinz again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CHAOTIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2019, 08:49 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Freqeskinz Body Wrap Review

I used a Freqeskinz wrap on a Proline SR5. By the second panel i got the hang of it. You can stretch the wrap a surprising amount to make sure the pieces cover the edges. I did the same with cutting strips out to cover the edges before figuring this out. Its also very forgiving... i must have reapplied the bed fender panels a dozen times.

Techno Duck is offline   Reply With Quote

Freqeskinz Body Wrap Review - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Body Wrap CHAOTIC Paint and Body 0 04-30-2019 12:42 PM
Freqeskinz Rubicon wrap SoCal Crawlr Axial SCX-10 8 02-06-2015 05:39 AM
FreqEsKinz wrap for my DX3R-Pro! RichMTB01 Electronics 4 12-06-2014 12:43 PM
TF2 Anti-Wrap bar install & review B94Cast Scale Videos! 13 03-12-2014 12:54 PM