RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Paint and Body (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/paint-body/)
-   -   Square Body Chevy from JConcepts (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/paint-body/610807-square-body-chevy-jconcepts.html)

djc32294 08-07-2019 01:21 PM

Square Body Chevy from JConcepts

Anyone thinking of picking on of these up? Seem to be alot of love for the C10 + K10 trucks lately.

I'm hoping Pro-Line follows up the SCT '84 Ram body with a crawler version. Then a big decision will have to be made.
1982 GMC K10 - TRX-4 Sport Body | JConcepts

Schs2013 08-07-2019 02:33 PM

Re: Square Body Chevy from JConcepts

K10 truggy trx4 by proline. And cage. I thought they offered a ram 1500 for crawlers and sct body https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...33cd29dd15.jpg

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

FormallySkullking 08-07-2019 02:38 PM

Definitely getting one for a different look on my smt10. As far as Proline and Gen 1 Dodge bodies...they don't look good at all. I drive one everyday so I guess I'm more picky.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Schs2013 08-07-2019 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FormallySkullking (Post 5954980)
Definitely getting one for a different look on my smt10. As far as Proline and Gen 1 Dodge bodies...they don't look good at all. I drive one everyday so I guess I'm more picky.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Check out RC Nerds on Facebook they have a 3D front grill and other accessories might help you enjoy your proline products more than a sticker grill. If not it was worth a try.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

smog 08-07-2019 10:39 PM

I run the JConcepts early 80’s F150 body on my Ascender. I think its a great looking representation. The brown K10 in the link would look good next to it. The design is consistent.

JatoTheRipper 08-08-2019 08:56 AM

No because I'm not a fan of JConcepts scaler bodies. They just lack detail in my experience. I love their racing bodies.

Am I the only one that finds it odd that the truck appears to have Pit Bull tires in those photos? Or are they something new coming from JConcepts?

lonleycreeper 08-08-2019 09:09 AM

Those tires say "J-concepts" on the sidewall... Intresting new tire maybe?
The Body looks good imo and they really do put in a lot of detail for a Lexan body. The problem is others have released molded grills and that is the expectation now....

JatoTheRipper 08-08-2019 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonleycreeper (Post 5955148)
Those tires say "J-concepts" on the sidewall... Intresting new tire maybe?
The Body looks good imo and they really do put in a lot of detail for a Lexan body. The problem is others have released molded grills and that is the expectation now....

I kinda thought I saw the JConcepts logo, but I wasn't sure. I'm way more interested in these tires!

Knowing JConcepts the front of this body is just flat and without details so you can install the grille sticker. I hope that's not the case.

svt923 08-08-2019 09:27 AM

There is something that gets thrown out of proportion when they try to fit the long bed version of the 1:1 truck onto a 12.3 inch wheelbase. You end up with something oddly small looking for such a big truck but with wheel wells to clear disproportionately large tires. I think a short bed version would have scaled to the 12.3 inch wheelbase better.

Natedog 08-08-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5955152)
Knowing JConcepts the front of this body is just flat and without details so you can install the grille sticker. I hope that's not the case.

X2

Quote:

Originally Posted by svt923 (Post 5955154)
There is something that gets thrown out of proportion when they try to fit the long bed version of the 1:1 truck onto a 12.3 inch wheelbase. You end up with something oddly small looking for such a big truck but with wheel wells to clear disproportionately large tires. I think a short bed version would have scaled to the 12.3 inch wheelbase better.

X2 "thumbsup"

JatoTheRipper 08-08-2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svt923 (Post 5955154)

Pretty much all scaler bodies from JConcepts seem to have proportional problems.