Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Proline classic interior

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2020, 11:00 PM   #1

Default Proline classic interior

I have the 66 Chevy body and I got the classic interior but it hits the transmission!! What did you toys do or what do you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chargerfan1619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2020, 06:53 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Proline classic interior

What truck are we talking about and how bad is the interior hitting the transmission? Pictures would help too.

There are many possible solutions to this issue depending on the severity of the problem and how complicated (and expensive) you want the solution to be.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:58 AM   #3

I had already cut to the interior to make it fit. I was going to try and turn it to bucket seats but decided against it. I’m not really worried about a price to fix it just wondering the best way to do it. I ended up cutting most of the center of the seat out to make it fit so the transmission was hitting pretty good

Old 02-12-2020, 07:00 AM   #4

Also The body using is a 66 Chevy C10 by proline and the interior is the classic by proline

Old 02-12-2020, 08:04 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerfan1619 View Post
I had already cut to the interior to make it fit. I was going to try and turn it to bucket seats but decided against it. I’m not really worried about a price to fix it just wondering the best way to do it. I ended up cutting most of the center of the seat out to make it fit so the transmission was hitting pretty good
What chassis are you using? It sounds like something with a center mounted 3 gear transmission but there are quite a few like that these days.

Cutting is the easy and obvious choice. If you don't mind the transmission poking into the interior then you are done.

If you don't like the interior being cut, then sometimes removing the gear cover or turning the transmission to a different orientation will work. The more expensive option are buying a lower profile transmission (like the Dlux hamberger, SSD Trail King transmission, or GCM LRT2) or a forward transmission conversion with transfer case.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 08:46 AM   #6

When I have to cut up an interior I go with the Chinese version. Much cheaper. I'm sure it's not as nice as the Proline version, but it does the job.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Auto-Sim...MAAOSwtVdbn3wd
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 08:51 AM   #7
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerfan1619 View Post
I have the 66 Chevy body and I got the classic interior but it hits the transmission!! What did you toys do or what do you recommend?

Either cutting(like you did) or sometimes using heat you can reshape the plastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
When I have to cut up an interior I go with the Chinese version. Much cheaper. I'm sure it's not as nice as the Proline version, but it does the job.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Auto-Sim...MAAOSwtVdbn3wd
Nice find Jato, thanks for posting this. The classic interior is pricey for what it is(at least up here)
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Nice find Jato, thanks for posting this. The classic interior is pricey for what it is(at least up here)
You're welcome!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Proline classic interior - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Classic interior chargerfan1619 Axial AX10 2nd-gen 2 02-12-2020 10:24 AM
K10 interior using proline classic interior HumboldtEF Vaterra Ascender 10 10-29-2017 02:51 PM
Pro-Line Racing Classic Interior - In Stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 09-18-2017 04:19 PM
proline 4dr rubicon and proline interior ? do they work together? Tmods Paint and Body 12 01-19-2014 11:57 AM
ProLine Jeep Wrangler with ProLine Floor Pan / Interior? Chachi_RC Paint and Body 4 09-01-2010 12:01 PM