Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: New proline gladiator body

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2019, 08:30 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: New proline gladiator body

I gotta admit them using the topographic map in the paint job is kinda funny since Axial uses it a good bit in their box art and the truck they're modeling it on is the Element.

I dont like the body though. I can get over the roof being squished down because I like chopped tops, but the fenders just look stupid. They are too round and large, especially the rear.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2019, 04:56 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Haha hot wheels rock.

I’m of the same opinions as you, I think it looks better than the 1:1 and I’m not one to get too worked up over what’s scale vs not so the proportions being off don’t bother me. I think it will look good on a build and isn’t too bulky so I’m going to give it a shot. Was about to do the MST JP1 but had been waiting in this one to reveal.

Hopefully knight customs or someone comes up with a 3d printed grill sooner than later.
I’ve been eyeing a JP1 body myself, and it’s far better looking imho. This Proline Gladiator just looks kinda goofy / cartoon-ish to me.

Problem is, I can’t seem to locate a JP1 body for less than $80.
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 09:00 PM   #23
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
I’ve been eyeing a JP1 body myself, and it’s far better looking imho. This Proline Gladiator just looks kinda goofy / cartoon-ish to me.

Problem is, I can’t seem to locate a JP1 body for less than $80.
It’s 70 bucks at Amain and you can get 10% off of that until 11.59pm

It’s been in my wish list there for awhile. 70 bucks US$ is over 100$ CDN so I haven’t prioritized it.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:11 PM   #24

Heres my gladiator on landmines

gif pictures site
Ethan503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:07 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

The 1:1 does look great with a small lift and 35’s. There is one around here that I see all the time and its eye catching.

I cant get into this body though.
mass-hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 04:36 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

I look at the Jeep truck to buy a month ago. The closer I got the further away I went. What stuck me first the soft top. 2k to get hard top, in the body color. And there is this lovely forced option, I am sure all will find enjoyable. Auto off every time you stop! Oh there is a button to disable it. You must push every time you get in to move it. That feature caused me to walk, and told the salesman so. That and a lack of power, thrilled about the 6 speed, as standard.

Jeep truck is fine, but will cost at least 5-8k, to make it descent, no muscle just looks. Keep you eyes open your see one in the base dress, it looks cheep & awkward, like this model.

Was disappointed truthfully, following the hype. it looked promising... Oh well

Solve the problem, ordered a Mustang GT, waiting for it to show up. Like being pushed hard into a seat.

Just saying
Pep
JacktheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:23 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacktheRipper View Post
And there is this lovely forced option, I am sure all will find enjoyable. Auto off every time you stop!
Get used to it because it will end up in every gasoline powered vehicle eventually. It's to cut emissions.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:16 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Default New proline gladiator body

Quote:
I look at the Jeep truck to buy a month ago. The closer I got the further away I went. What stuck me first the soft top. 2k to get hard top, in the body color. And there is this lovely forced option, I am sure all will find enjoyable. Auto off every time you stop! Oh there is a button to disable it. You must push every time you get in to move it. That feature caused me to walk, and told the salesman so. That and a lack of power, thrilled about the 6 speed, as standard.

Jeep truck is fine, but will cost at least 5-8k, to make it descent, no muscle just looks. Keep you eyes open your see one in the base dress, it looks cheep & awkward, like this model.

Was disappointed truthfully, following the hype. it looked promising... Oh well

Solve the problem, ordered a Mustang GT, waiting for it to show up. Like being pushed hard into a seat.

Just saying

Pep

It will have plenty of power once it gets the Ecodiesel, but then you are talking another $4k.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:19 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
Get used to it because it will end up in every gasoline powered vehicle eventually. It's to cut emissions.

Not one I will ever own, thank you very much.

@ mass-hole ... Like a good sense of humor, funny handle. Not thinking that Jeep will ever have the type of power I'm into.... I did see the diesel mentioned, just not for me.

Pep
Old 12-06-2019, 11:57 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Not one I will ever own, thank you very much.

@ mass-hole ... Like a good sense of humor, funny handle. Not thinking that Jeep will ever have the type of power I'm into.... I did see the diesel mentioned, just not for me.

Pep

Usually you can get a $20 harness that plugs in and disables the auto start/stop. Thats one way to do it on the F150 at least.

The diesel should be quick in the Gladiator since a smaller truck. Not fast, but quick. I drove a grand cherokee with the previous gen ecodiesel that made less power and it moved well.

You really want some easy speed, a 2018+ F150 3.5 Ecoboost. Tune only is 450 rwhp. E85 tune with supporting mods is 600 rwhp and 11.5 second 1/4 miles times, in a half ton truck with about $3k in mods. Best bang for the buck out there.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:05 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mass-hole View Post
Usually you can get a $20 harness that plugs in and disables the auto start/stop. Thats one way to do it on the F150 at least.

The diesel should be quick in the Gladiator since a smaller truck. Not fast, but quick. I drove a grand cherokee with the previous gen ecodiesel that made less power and it moved well.

You really want some easy speed, a 2018+ F150 3.5 Ecoboost. Tune only is 450 rwhp. E85 tune with supporting mods is 600 rwhp and 11.5 second 1/4 miles times, in a half ton truck with about $3k in mods. Best bang for the buck out there.
Ford, GT 2020 470hp P2 stock.... which is plenty.

Like V8s & manual transmissions, a friend calls me a V8 snob, fine with me. Side pipes another favorite ...

New proline gladiator body - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No Jeep Gladiator body Levi General Scale Talk 35 11-27-2019 10:04 PM
Jeep Gladiator body Painted budleyh Paint and Body 2 11-16-2010 07:04 PM
gladiator body muddeprived General Crawlers 11 07-16-2007 08:05 AM
Gladiator Body, did it! 00TJ General Crawlers 20 02-27-2007 09:59 AM