RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Paint and Body (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/paint-body/)
-   -   Fastrax Ivory White - polycarbonate spray - any experience? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/paint-body/614527-fastrax-ivory-white-polycarbonate-spray-any-experience.html)

Billy CZ 01-07-2020 03:36 AM

Fastrax Ivory White - polycarbonate spray - any experience?

Hello guys. Have you ever used Fastrax Ivory White spray? I was looking for beige spray for polycarbonate and found this item. So I have ordered one but the seller send me H-Speed White spray becuase he claims, They are both the same.. he claims the Fastrax Ivory White is standard white colour and it is not Ivory White. I was searching on the internet but didnīt find anything. Any experience or photo of real color? THX

JatoTheRipper 01-07-2020 08:57 AM

Re: Fastrax Ivory White - polycarbonate spray - any experience?

Ivory White typically isn't the same as beige. You should force him to get you the correct thing.

58_Willys 01-07-2020 02:57 PM

You could spray the inside with PS-55 followed by TS-46 or TS-68, to get beige.

Billy CZ 01-07-2020 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5988715)
Ivory White typically isn't the same as beige. You should force him to get you the correct thing.

Yes yes, but the point is if the Fastrax Ivory White is really normal white or really ivory white:-) I sent an e-mail to the producer but havenīt received any answer yet.

Billy CZ 01-07-2020 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58_Willys (Post 5988799)
You could spray the inside with PS-55 followed by TS-46 or TS-68, to get beige.

YY thanks, I know, but the ivory white was closer to the color I wanted, it should be lighter, so I hoped it will be ok and now I donīt know what to do. Maybe somebody has already used this spray and can help me. Now Iīm going to send the white spray back to the seller and I think I will risk it and try the ivory white and we will see. Only complications with returning,..

lonleycreeper 01-08-2020 10:30 AM

Suggestion.....

Spray on a scrap of lexan first... It is much easier to see if you are going to like it.

58_Willys 01-08-2020 04:40 PM

I second that...use different number of coats and different backers on each piece. It's helpful if you label each one with a Sharpie as to the number of coats and if you use a backer other than black or white.

Billy CZ 01-09-2020 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonleycreeper (Post 5988974)
Suggestion.....

Spray on a scrap of lexan first... It is much easier to see if you are going to like it.

OK I will try but it is a pitty that nobody has no experience with this colour

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58_Willys (Post 5989049)
I second that...use different number of coats and different backers on each piece. It's helpful if you label each one with a Sharpie as to the number of coats and if you use a backer other than black or white.

OK thanks, I will try

Billy CZ 01-14-2020 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy CZ (Post 5988645)
Hello guys. Have you ever used Fastrax Ivory White spray? I was looking for beige spray for polycarbonate and found this item. So I have ordered one but the seller send me H-Speed White spray becuase he claims, They are both the same.. he claims the Fastrax Ivory White is standard white colour and it is not Ivory White. I was searching on the internet but didnīt find anything. Any experience or photo of real color? THX

So the color is really normal white, it is not ivory white - maybe it will help to someone