Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Powershift RC purchase issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2020, 10:50 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Powershift RC purchase issues

So I placed an order for a Hilux light kit and a DMS unit on 1/2/20. I get an automated email stating the order has been received and paid for. Then nothing. Not an email that things are slower than normal, or things are taking longer than expected, etc... so yesterday (1/21/20) I used my wife's Facebook (since I don't have an account) requesting an update or some way to cancel the order. Two hours later I get an email stating my order has shipped. I simply respond to that email about how I was disappointed at the time frame and asked if there would be any discount offered. I received a very simple email stating he could refund me without issue and that his site states that shipping could take 7-14 business days (even though it simply states 7-14 days, not business days).

I really like to support small business' (Club 5, DSM offroad, TGH, Intheworks RC, etc...) but I received zero information during the purchase and think that the response I received was fairly abrasive. Am I in the wrong or is this not typical of retailers here on the forum? Did I happen to place an order when things get "lost" in the process?

Sorry if I seem a little irritated at this, but am I being petty?
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2020, 11:01 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Powershift RC purchase issues

Glad I came across this.... I placed an order on 01/10/20 and haven’t received any type of response from them either. I will say IMO “X-X” days in any type of business small or big should be implied business days. Now I know from your post that I just need to be patient and will get my items when I get them. I’m okay with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jason02ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:34 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

The mindset that you are now owed a discount is kinda outrageous. I think we are all conditioned to amazon and the 2 day delivery. Patience is STILL a virtue. Sure he could have updated you but remember he is a small business making a quality product. Worth the wait in my experience
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:45 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by odomandr View Post
The mindset that you are now owed a discount is kinda outrageous. I think we are all conditioned to amazon and the 2 day delivery. Patience is STILL a virtue. Sure he could have updated you but remember he is a small business making a quality product. Worth the wait in my experience

+1.

Old 01-22-2020, 11:51 AM   #5

When a company talks lead times always consider those days to be week days only.

Two weeks is an extremely long time to wait for an LED light kit IMO, but he is up front about that on his website. If he was a week late, not including shipping times, I think you'd have a right to complain, but in this case you do not.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 12:46 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

He's one of the nicest dudes I've met in RC - We're all coming off he holidays and if I had to guess he probably had a little bit of backlog.

Sounds like he was a bit slow in getting you your stuff, but I'd tell you the same thing if you asked me for a discount.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 02:57 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I agree that for something custom, the time frame isn't out of the ordinary, but the lack of communication was what I had a problem with. I work a job that every day is a business day where I've worked holidays, nights, weekends, etc... but even if the 14 days were business days then the 21st was the 14th day. I would expect a small company to be better at communication (like AJ from SS), especially where he is the one making the products. I felt I had been patient, and was simply looking for some communication.

And I'm not in the mindset I was "owed a discount", I simply asked if that would be offered (even for a future purchase). I install and build custom car stereo setups for people (as a hobby) and always under promise and over produce since I understand how giddy we get when a new toy arrives.

My post was to gauge my reaction so I appreciate the opinions of everyone.
Old 01-22-2020, 04:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
He's one of the nicest dudes I've met in RC - We're all coming off he holidays and if I had to guess he probably had a little bit of backlog.

Sounds like he was a bit slow in getting you your stuff, but I'd tell you the same thing if you asked me for a discount.
I've heard the "he's such a nice guy" excuse way too many times. Nice doesn't mean the person can or does run a good company or have good customer service nor does it mean you should just accept poor products or services just because they're "nice".

There are two scenarios that I can think of right now where I was told great things about a person. One is a "famous" body painter. Him and I went back and forth for months and he did everything to make me happy except for getting my body. I had to beg for something insane like a couple of months to get my body. When he sent me photos of the body he was sending to me it was the wrong thing! So I had to wait even longer.

Then there's another one-man operation that does nice stuff. I contacted him because he is also known to make custom stuff. He seemed liked the nicest guy in our conversation about what I wanted made. Again, an extremely long time passed and when I finally contacted him about the part he gave me some excuse. I asked for my money back. He said he'd do later in the day. That night I still didn't have the refund and when I contacted him he said he was in the hospital with a family member. Even if that was the truth I couldn't believe him anymore.

Nice doesn't mean shit in my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashlee View Post
I agree that for something custom, the time frame isn't out of the ordinary, but the lack of communication was what I had a problem with. I work a job that every day is a business day where I've worked holidays, nights, weekends, etc... but even if the 14 days were business days then the 21st was the 14th day. I would expect a small company to be better at communication (like AJ from SS), especially where he is the one making the products. I felt I had been patient, and was simply looking for some communication.

And I'm not in the mindset I was "owed a discount", I simply asked if that would be offered (even for a future purchase). I install and build custom car stereo setups for people (as a hobby) and always under promise and over produce since I understand how giddy we get when a new toy arrives.

My post was to gauge my reaction so I appreciate the opinions of everyone.
Your employer must be in the service or utilities business, correct?
Old 01-23-2020, 08:16 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Yes, I work at a nuclear power plant in Operations so I’m considered vital personnel and required to be at work for my shift at all cost. I’ve left my house 4 hours early for a shift one time during a winter storm for a drive that normally takes me an hour. I work a rotating swing shift so it’s a little rough on the fourth night in a row!
Old 01-23-2020, 11:31 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I haven't ordered direct from Powershift RC, but I do have some Powershift RC lighting, and I can tell you this much - once you receive, the wait WILL have been worth it.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:24 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I have ordered from "Powershift" a few times, sometimes he is quick other times times it takes weeks. I always received what I ordered and was as described.
sherbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 12:02 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

My 2 cents. Communication is always key in any business. When a business givea a lead time you should think of it as business days. Seems pretty typical for most places. I understand where your coming from lashlee work wise. Where I work we are open 365 days a year, 24 hours. We never shut down. Major holidays we still work, usually with a skeleton crew. 3 shifts a day we rotate through. Sounds like the kit will be worth the wait. Good luck.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 06:48 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I've heard the "he's such a nice guy" excuse way too many times. Nice doesn't mean the person can or does run a good company or have good customer service nor does it mean you should just accept poor products or services just because they're "nice".

There are two scenarios that I can think of right now where I was told great things about a person. One is a "famous" body painter. Him and I went back and forth for months and he did everything to make me happy except for getting my body. I had to beg for something insane like a couple of months to get my body. When he sent me photos of the body he was sending to me it was the wrong thing! So I had to wait even longer.

Then there's another one-man operation that does nice stuff. I contacted him because he is also known to make custom stuff. He seemed liked the nicest guy in our conversation about what I wanted made. Again, an extremely long time passed and when I finally contacted him about the part he gave me some excuse. I asked for my money back. He said he'd do later in the day. That night I still didn't have the refund and when I contacted him he said he was in the hospital with a family member. Even if that was the truth I couldn't believe him anymore.

Nice doesn't mean shit in my experience
Well you’re also the biggest blow-hard on RCC, so whatevs.

Have you ever done business with Baskins? No? Then shaddahfuqup and mind your own business you tool.
Old 02-03-2020, 06:49 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Have you ever done business with Baskins? No? Then shaddahfuqup and mind your own business you tool.

Shots fired.

Old 02-05-2020, 02:48 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashlee View Post
I simply respond to that email about how I was disappointed at the time frame and asked if there would be any discount offered.

Discounts are asked before making a purchase and not after it.
If I understand correctly the discount you asked was a compensation against the delay.

Look, if someone is doing business,they are doing it to make a profit. When it comes to small businesses, they have to over come a lot of issues. No profit, then there is no use in doing that business. If I had been in the place of that seller, I too would have preferred to refund instead of giving a discount as compensation. But I would have been a clear communicator which your seller failed with.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 06:09 PM   #16

Quote:

Aw I hurt your feelings by saying your boyfriend may be nice, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's a good business man. As soon as he gives you the Powershift tonight you'll get over it!

You took what I said way too seriously.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 02-05-2020 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:56 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Aw I hurt your feelings by saying your boyfriend may be nice, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's a good business man. As soon as he gives you the Powershift tonight you'll get over it!

You took what I said way too seriously.

Call me nostalgic, but typically when a know-nothing blow-hard feels the need to project his shitty experiences on a vendor he's never done business with, the good folks of RCC would tell him to get ****ed. You literally have nothing to add to this conversation.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:56 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Call me nostalgic, but typically when a know-nothing blow-hard feels the need to project his shitty experiences on a vendor he's never done business with, the good folks of RCC would tell him to get ****ed. You literally have nothing to add to this conversation.

Agreed

Old 02-05-2020, 08:23 PM   #19

Default Powershift RC purchase issues

Quote:

The dude asked for opinions. I gave mine. I even told him he had no reason to complain about PowerShift. I also never claimed to have dealt with them.

Blow hard? How so? Like you blowing hard and trying to puff up in this thread? Trying to belittle me over this is about as blow hard as it gets.

My opinion that "nice" doesn't mean shit when it comes to customer service wasn't directed at anybody in particular. It was a general statement. I didn't mean to insult your friend if that's the way you took it.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 02-05-2020 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:37 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

The dude asked for opinions. I gave mine. I even told him he had no reason to complain about PowerShift. I also never claimed to have dealt with them.

Blow hard? How so? Like you blowing hard and trying to puff up in this thread? Trying to belittle me over this is about as blow hard as it gets.

My opinion that "nice" doesn't mean shit when it comes to customer service wasn't directed at anybody in particular. It was a general statement. You took it to heart and got bent out of shape over nothing. It's your problem not mine.
See previous statement:

Quote:
when a know-nothing blow-hard feels the need to project his shitty experiences on a vendor he's never done business with, the good folks of RCC would tell him to get ****ed.
So, get ****ed Jato. I'll say it again - you literally have nothing to add to this conversation.

Powershift RC purchase issues - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
powershift light booster required? Tempo Electronics 1 11-29-2019 11:12 AM
Powershift rc on/off switch Frank211 Electronics 21 07-28-2019 01:36 PM
Powershift RC FastMatt Electronics 4 09-16-2018 10:44 PM
Powershift Scale LED Lights RcBro Vendors Electronics 0 04-04-2017 06:03 PM