Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Newbright Raptor vs Proline Raptor body.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2020, 04:22 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Newbright Raptor vs Proline Raptor body.

I've seen some guys use the Newbright raptor body on their crawlers, and it scales pretty nicely, except I feel like it's on a larger scale than the Proline raptor body, mainly because 4.75 tires look silly on the proline and not the Newbright.

I would like to get the Newbright, comes with 2 motors I can use for something else, but the sizing is what's holding me back, I feel like it's more 1/8.5 scale than the 1/10 or 1/9 scale of most of the rc bodies.

Does anybody have any info about how the Newbright body scales compared to other bodies?
TITANIUM94010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2020, 07:11 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Newbright Raptor vs Proline Raptor body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
I've seen some guys use the Newbright raptor body on their crawlers, and it scales pretty nicely, except I feel like it's on a larger scale than the Proline raptor body, mainly because 4.75 tires look silly on the proline and not the Newbright.

I would like to get the Newbright, comes with 2 motors I can use for something else, but the sizing is what's holding me back, I feel like it's more 1/8.5 scale than the 1/10 or 1/9 scale of most of the rc bodies.

Does anybody have any info about how the Newbright body scales compared to other bodies?
the newbright raptor is 1/8ish scale but so are most of the rigs out these days most scx10s are of smaller bodied rigs like jeeps and the honcho a compact truck the traxxass bronco big bodied rig but short the raptor is longer but a f150 would be longer than a bronco or a jeep so scale wise they work out realy good
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:02 PM   #3
RCC Addict

The less you think about the true "scale" something is, the better. There are too many discrepancies with everything. But on the New Bright Raptor, a 3.7" tire fully fills out the fenderwell. The TRX4 Pro Line Raptor took a 4.19 KM3 to tuck in the fender opening without trimming. Hope that gives you an idea as to the size.
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:46 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottorque View Post
The less you think about the true "scale" something is, the better. There are too many discrepancies with everything. But on the New Bright Raptor, a 3.7" tire fully fills out the fenderwell. The TRX4 Pro Line Raptor took a 4.19 KM3 to tuck in the fender opening without trimming. Hope that gives you an idea as to the size.
mine runs 4.6" tires with no trimming and they fit the wheelwells perfictly

Old 08-06-2020, 08:14 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I must have the smaller one then. Was not sure which he was talking about.
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:17 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottorque View Post
I must have the smaller one then. Was not sure which he was talking about.
thats a good point they make these in 4 or 5 different sizes the one in the picture is the 1/6 raptor that is realy 1/8th scale i think all newbrights are listed as a larger scale than what they realy are
Old 08-06-2020, 10:26 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

here is a pic with some other rigs from the yeti xl thats about 1/6 scale then the newbrights in 1/8th scale theres a wraith in there some 10th scales and some tamiya sized or 12th scale the mini cooper is also 1/6th scale

the scale dosent affect the fun factor at all the only real differance is the space needed to run them in and store them in most of them run the same basic parts so cost isent that much a factor ether but the yeti xl needs around 5 acers or more of open space to realy run it on or its not alot of fun

the micros just need a table top to run on and have fun

Last edited by ferp420; 08-06-2020 at 10:36 AM.

Newbright Raptor vs Proline Raptor body. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Proline Raptor body for 12.8” WB Topher Builds Traxxas TRX-4 9 07-19-2018 05:16 PM
proline raptor body for yeti. how much paint? Yeti guy Paint and Body 6 01-02-2017 03:54 PM