Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Testors Extreme Lacquer on hard bodies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2020, 11:51 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Testors Extreme Lacquer on hard bodies

I normally avoid Testors regular spray paints for anything requiring a nice finish. They seem to take poorly to the regular 3 step process, however, their "Extreme Lacquer" line supposedly requires no primer and can be polished out...??

I spoke with someone on Instagram who does incredible work and he swears by it. He starts wet sanding imperfections and masking areas in a few hours.

To me it sounds fantastic :-D

Anyone ever use this before? It used to be called "One Coat Lacquers"
VR6 BeelzeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2020, 11:58 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Testors Extreme Lacquer on hard bodies

I’ve shot a fair amount of it. First off, it’s not Tamiya TS. It is thicker and had the lousy nozzle. Warm it up first and it flows much better, still a heavy volume. I prefer it decanted and airbrushed as I can reduce / thin to spray. It does polish out well , but can take forever to fully cure. It does seem to last without cracking or yellowing.
This was based with it

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:13 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I should take new pics in sunlight but I painted my 3d printed 79 ford with testors extreme root beer.
It does go on thick but lays down decent. The metalflake can clump so keep a good distance and keep moving.
It had a ton of primer under it due to 3d print smoothing process. Then it had some krylon ivory for the lariat 2 tone. Sprayed the root beer on top of that and then some clear gloss.
I think I did 2 full coats maybe 3 of the root beer. Tried polishing but maybe it wasnt cured because it made dull spots.
So then I layed a TON of clear over it to try to protect from scratches.
I will try to take a pic later in the sun.

Overall I think its decent stuff for hard body.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 01:09 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
I’ve shot a fair amount of it. First off, it’s not Tamiya TS. It is thicker and had the lousy nozzle. Warm it up first and it flows much better, still a heavy volume. I prefer it decanted and airbrushed as I can reduce / thin to spray. It does polish out well , but can take forever to fully cure. It does seem to last without cracking or yellowing.

Hang up and Drive
Tamiya TS obviously lays down beautifully and very thin which is great... But knowing how Testors likes to barf out paint, a "one coat" paint (that works) seems like something they'd be good at... looks nice on that sled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
I should take new pics in sunlight but I painted my 3d printed 79 ford with testors extreme root beer.
It does go on thick but lays down decent. The metalflake can clump so keep a good distance and keep moving.
It had a ton of primer under it due to 3d print smoothing process. Then it had some krylon ivory for the lariat 2 tone. Sprayed the root beer on top of that and then some clear gloss.
I think I did 2 full coats maybe 3 of the root beer. Tried polishing but maybe it wasnt cured because it made dull spots.
So then I layed a TON of clear over it to try to protect from scratches.
I will try to take a pic later in the sun.

Overall I think its decent stuff for hard body.

Good info and yeah lets see some root beer! awesome color
VR6 BeelzeDub is offline   Reply With Quote

Testors Extreme Lacquer on hard bodies - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Testors Lacquer Paint xirtic Paint and Body 3 01-11-2009 08:16 PM