Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Wroncho Honcho body post help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2020, 09:41 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Wroncho Honcho body post help

I will be painting the body this week and putting the rock sliders on. I'm unsure what would be the best way to mount the body. I could go with Pro-Line, axial or some variant body post with body clips, Velcro, or Earth magnets mounted on the proline body posts. I'm just not sure yet. Thoughts?

For guys running a truggy style cab only set up, do you just rely on the body posts up front to hold the body in place, or do you use some kind of Mount on the back of the body? I am not using the cage on the back.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Last edited by MaX-D; 11-17-2020 at 06:09 AM.
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2020, 06:18 PM   #2

Default Re: Wroncho Honcho body post help

I'm looking to do this for a project too, and I was looking at adding posts to the back of the body, but I'm thinking that magnets might be a better bet -- no more holes, no awkward bending of the body that you'd have with horizontal posts, and smaller mounts needed than velcro.

Out of interest, what chassis are you using?
Munchagepeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 06:30 PM   #3
Gold Star Baby!

I use these with some axial body posts. https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-kn...abm004/p768825

I printed a brace to help keep them straight and it’s been working out well. When I’m running the PWag cab only I only have the 2 front mounts on and it holds up for me.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 06:54 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchagepeople View Post
I'm looking to do this for a project too, and I was looking at adding posts to the back of the body, but I'm thinking that magnets might be a better bet -- no more holes, no awkward bending of the body that you'd have with horizontal posts, and smaller mounts needed than velcro.

BP Custom Chassis for the Wraith.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/bp-cust...wrchra/p724794

Old 11-18-2020, 07:21 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
I use these with some axial body posts. https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-kn...abm004/p768825

I printed a brace to help keep them straight and it’s been working out well. When I’m running the PWag cab only I only have the 2 front mounts on and it holds up for me.
I thought about just running the proline body post with their locking knobs. The hood is going to be black so they would blend in. The body is going to be orange.

My wife literally just informed me that I need to curb my spending because she saw the team knk body post mounts that you had listed on my phone screen. I had them in my cart! HA!

Initially I was thinking magnets, but with only having two body posts on the body and not four, I'm afraid that the magnets would detach from either the body post itself or the body in a rollover. I'm surprised this hasn't happened on my TRX 4 sport

Old 11-18-2020, 07:26 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchagepeople View Post

I have a build thread going for this over in the 2.2 section if you're interested.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

MaX-D's Wroncho Build

Old 11-24-2020, 07:39 AM   #7
RCC Addict

I still don't know what I'm going to use for body posts. I know I just need to make a decision and get it done. I like the Proline locking knobs as they hold the body in place very well, but I don't like the 4mm screws that screw into the body post. I've used these quite a bit on a lot of my Basher trucks only two have the mounting screw completely ripped out of the body post never to be found again. I know that would probably never happen on a crawler, but it takes just one good roll over.
I like body pins as they're easy to put on and take off but after a while the body cracks around the body post because of the pins.
So I came up with this idea. Why not use a 4 mm screw with the proline locking nuts. I drilled a 3mm hole, and then drove the 4mm screw through it so it would grab onto the plastic and not need a locking nut.
Something is telling me not to use magnets on this one. I've learned to trust my gut.

Wroncho Honcho body post help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
scx10 honcho body post part # iluvny081 Axial SCX-10 2 03-02-2012 01:11 PM