Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Maybe a long shot, but classic Landrover hard body for TF2 or SCX10 Honcho?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2022, 03:07 AM   #1

Question Maybe a long shot, but classic Landrover hard body for TF2 or SCX10 Honcho?

Hi, new to the forum, just wondering if there are any classic 1960s - 1980s style Landrover bodies available in ABS that would fit (preferably) TF2 SWB or the SCX10 Honcho. I'm not up on Landrover model numbers or names, I just know the old classic Landrover farm utility vehicle which I used to ride around in as a kid in the 1980s, blue with a canvas back (removable to leave just the bench seats and open bed / tail gate).

Am I chasing a pipe dream with this? I feel it would be a short wheel base which is why I think the TF2 should be the ideal chassis, plus it has leaf springs already and has better scale looks than the Honcho. My TF2 currently has the Jeep Wrangler body on it.

Thanks.
jonathanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2022, 07:06 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Maybe a long shot, but classic Landrover hard body for TF2 or SCX10 Honcho?

RC4WD should have what you’re looking for. Search their site for the D90, and you’ll see the short wheelbase in both the cab and Ute/pickup version.
DirtMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 06:13 PM   #3

Default Re: Maybe a long shot, but classic Landrover hard body for TF2 or SCX10 Honcho?

There are some series II and series 3s around on some of the 3d printing sites if you have a printer.
I think this is the one I used for mine:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3776436

I had to scale things up a bit to fit a TRX4 chassis properly but it came out pretty well.
dugans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 06:04 AM   #4

The D90 is too modern really, though it could probably be modified to look like the Series 2 or 3 which I think is more the look I was after. Also, very expensive for a lump of plastic if one buys the whole kit!

That 3D print Series 2 seems like it would be a bit too rough-cut for my liking, and require quite a bit of effort to finish nicely. I don't have a 3D printer either but may be able to get access to one so.. it's a maybe, thanks.

I'm thinking that maybe I could just try building my own from plasticard and see how it goes, could do with the experience anyway for other body shell projects I have in mind (I'm thinking the ranger from Space Hunter!)
jonathanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 07:16 PM   #5

The printed series 2 came out very nice but you are not wrong about the time and effort required to finish it.
The time spent printing was far less than the time and effort involved in getting it scaled right and looking good.

Hope you find one that fits your needs, and if you do, let me know.
dugans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abs body, landrover, scx10, tf2