Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Lexan bodies - getting in the "nooks and crannies"?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2022, 06:56 AM   #1

Default Lexan bodies - getting in the "nooks and crannies"?

Hey all - what techniques does everyone use to get coverage into hard-to-reach "nooks and crannies"? Generally speaking, those areas are limited in a car body, but pick up beds, in particular are challenging to me.

As an example, here is an axial K5 Blazer body I just tried to do in candy orange. I know there are other imperfections and the outside film is still on... but you can see how the top of the gate is lighter as that was a recessed area with little room to hit some of the surfaces.

Candy is much "worse" as you can just keep shooting with opaque paint, but I still have some issues there as well.

Yes, this is done using rattle cans and I know I should invest in an airbrush, but I'm not sure that alone would make a huge difference in these cases.
rocko76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2022, 10:48 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Lexan bodies - getting in the "nooks and crannies"?

Alot of it is the angle in which your spraying. Have to spray at multiple angles. It's a pain but that's your biggest issue. Holding up to a light when painting helps you see thin areas as well. Also against all instructions, be careful and quick but also get the nozzle of the can alot closer, it helps but insanely easy to get runs in the paint. Best to get light coat or 2 on first before doing it, that way the heavier coat has something good to bind to.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lexan bodies - getting in the "nooks and crannies"? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM
Larger Lexan bodies for "tough truck" build crawler_king Paint and Body 3 02-10-2009 11:08 AM