Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: General body build advice - Vanquish Phoenix straight axle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2022, 08:51 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default General body build advice - Vanquish Phoenix straight axle

I just decided on a Vanquish Phoenix with straight axles to serve as my more realistic crawling focused trail truck, maybe Class 1 or 2 if I can sort that out. I have a Capra with 4ws that will be the anything's-legal-if-it-works side of things.

I was set on either a rc4wd Blazer hardbody, Traxxas nice lean blazer/bronco, or an injura Cherokee hardbody. Still love those and was leaning towards a hardbody for this (again, capra serves the other end of the spectrum).

But then I ended up getting a Vanquish Phoenix with straight axles and and am now thinking about giving the body a chance. I like old school Land Cruisers and it's not terrible looking for a molded lexan shell. I was thinking of painting it the traditional cruiser colors - tan with white hood on the exterior instead of interior. So not glossy and shiny lean. Then maybe either silver or rust coloring on interior. for when it scratches.

Then get the typical rip off eBay parts that say 'land cruiser' and 'Toyota' etc.

I never wanted to be perfect competition scale - just a fairly believable rig when I'm looking at it while I drive it. So maybe this will work out. The bronco/blazer are still my 100% favorite platforms, but the old school cruisers is close behind.

Anyway, I've never tried much to make one look good, so wondering if my plan sounds sound (?) or anyone had tips to keep in mind.
chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2022, 09:59 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: General body build advice - Vanquish Phoenix straight axle

I think you’re on the right track. Doesn’t hurt to give the Phoenix body a chance, not to mention vp did a thorough job designing the body to work with the chassis, it’s almost a shame to toss it out.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 04:11 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Have you seen Fab Rats Youtube channel? he has a sweet Fj45 Crawler he built ...

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...t=0&ajaxserp=0
lonleycreeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 09:32 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
Have you seen Fab Rats Youtube channel? he has a sweet Fj45 Crawler he built ...
That is pretty badass. I doubt I can pull off the weathering stuff, but maybe I'll give it a try.
chilly is offline   Reply With Quote

General body build advice - Vanquish Phoenix straight axle - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Vanquish VS4-10 Phoenix Straight Axle LSXGMC Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 26 09-11-2022 10:19 AM